Current time: 05-03-2024, 12:16 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DNS things, as usually
sumfvm Offline

DNS things, as usually
Hi all,

I'm a french guy which is looking for help.

I have 3 problems to solve:

- Automatically attribute my own nameservers (ns1.my-domain.com) for all domains I manage with iscpCP
- Be able to offer sub-domains hosting (xxx.my-domain.com
- Add a secondary ns inside ispCP

Edit : By the way, if I want to edit my primary domain (the one I specified during installation) through bind9 configuration file, have I to modify /etc/ispcp/bind/working/my-domain.com.db or /var/cache/bind/my-domain.com.db? And what happend if I increment the serial, is it a problem for ispCP ?

Thank a lot.

PS : Sorry about my bad english skills !

Regards,
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2011 02:48 AM by sumfvm.)
05-08-2011 02:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sumfvm Offline

RE: DNS things, as usually
Well, I think I found somethings:

- Subdomain as domain: http://isp-control.net/documentation/how..._as_domain
- http://isp-control.net/documentation/how...aneous:dns

Need help about the first question Smile
05-08-2011 05:43 AM
sumfvm Offline

Please, help me!

Smile
05-10-2011 07:52 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:- Automatically attribute my own nameservers (ns1.my-domain.com) for all domains I manage with iscpCP

You can modify the DNS templates found in /etc/ispcp/bind/parts so that your nameservers are always assigned for the new domains you create.
05-12-2011 08:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sumfvm Offline

Thanks a lot kilburn, the file /etc/ispcp/bind/parts/db_master_e.tpl solved my problem!

Finally, the last thing I'm looking to do is to be able to use my www subdomain of my panel domain which is only an alias pointing to the panel and I just want to use it for my hosting offer page, instead of another domain...

I try to look at /etc/apache2/sites-available/00_master.conf and but I didn't see any ServerAlias in it...

I'm confused because it is the first time I manage a web/mysql/ns/mail server with a panel instead of shell-only Smile
05-13-2011 06:29 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

First of all, notice that there's another file "db_e.tpl", that is used for "normal" domains (db_master_e.tpl is only for the master/panel domain).

"apache2ctl -S" should give you a hint about which namevirtualservers are configured and in which order (if the request doesn't match with any serveralias/servername, then it is handled by the first virtualhost in that IP).

Paste the output here if you can't figure it out by yourself Wink
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2011 05:48 PM by kilburn.)
05-15-2011 05:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sumfvm Offline

Hi killburn,

Quote:apache2ctl -S
VirtualHost configuration:
88.190.xxx.xxx:80 is a NameVirtualHost
default server admin.super-hebergement.fr (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/00_master.conf:31)
port 80 namevhost admin.super-hebergement.fr (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/00_master.conf:31)
port 80 namevhost super-hebergement.fr (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf:73)
port 80 namevhost domaine1.tld (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf:169)
port 80 namevhost domaine2.tld (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf:254)
port 80 namevhost domaine4.tld (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf:342)
port 80 namevhost domaine5.tld (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf:441)
port 80 namevhost domaine6.tld (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf:537)
port 80 namevhost domaine7.tld (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf:625)
wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
*:80 http://www.super-hebergement.fr (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/www.super-hebergement.fr:1)
Syntax OK

The problem is solved: When I have install ISPcp, I give admin.super-hebergement.fr as master domain and now, I create an account for super-hebergement.fr and I am able to use http://www.super-hebergement without any redirection to admin.super-hebergement... Strange way but it works!

Now, the last thing I try to do is the possibility to offer sub-domain hosting (vuxxxx.super-hebergement.fr only). Aout this point I think I should look at /etc/ispcp/apache/parts and other suexec things...
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2011 01:30 AM by sumfvm.)
05-24-2011 01:22 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Ispcp 1.0.7 already creates accounts for "vuXXXX.master.domain.tld" for any domain that you add to the system. Thus, you can simply add the users as if they had real domains.

The only issue with this setup is that you must make sure that you set their number of mails limit to -1 (disabled), or otherwise the server will not be able to send e-mails to the corresponding real domain.
05-27-2011 01:05 AM