Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:30 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Working PHP Applications on ispCP
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Exclamation Working PHP Applications on ispCP
Hello Community,

gOOver and i created a small list to see which PHP Applications runs without problems under ispCP. Please help us and complete the list with your results.
Please post also new Apps.

--> http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/wiki/docs/en/tests

Greez BeNe
09-24-2007 08:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raphael Offline

RE: Working PHP Applications on ispCP
and the point of this list is...?
09-25-2007 02:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

The most important question for new users (hosting providers) will be:
Will the php applications be running on an ispcp driven Server (with fastcgi-php and other mostly secure settings).
And then:
- Information for users
- a sort of "quality"-label
09-25-2007 02:42 AM
nuke3d Offline

Yeah I think a list like that is very useful for a lot of users...
09-25-2007 07:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raphael Offline

personally I don't find it useful and even consider it a waste of time (... anyways, it's not my time). Apps should work "out of the box"
09-26-2007 11:51 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

If we come to the result that none of the applications does make problems, then we can close this page. Until then it's a support for people who are not so familiar to help themselves (of course: the people who are installaing ispcp should be able to handle one or another php problem - but you know there are alot who can't...).
Or we can reduce the list to special applications (e.g. typo3 with the "symlink installation" one typo3 per server - only the config files for every customer... - how to do this with ispcp, how to set the permissions etc...)

Joximu
09-26-2007 05:51 PM
rbtux Offline
Moderators

i think the list will grow very confusing if all applications which run out of the box are listed.

As joximu already said, I would also prefer a troubleshoot section where the known issues (an their solutions of course) of applications are listed...

IMHO It doesn't make any sense to list every possible php application which runs smooth on ispcp...
09-26-2007 06:37 PM
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

And this is why a forum exists. The list should just provide a brief overview of what works out of the box (use only popular applications). Anything else should be just left on the forum. That way when people search the forum, they can find it. I doubt anybody will search the wiki Wink
09-26-2007 10:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Well, there are a lot of different people...

searching in the forum is much more complicated (not the searching, but the finding :-) than the wiki/doc/faq...

/Joximu
09-26-2007 10:28 PM