Current time: 05-05-2024, 06:12 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

transfer passwords
Catscrash Offline

transfer passwords
Hi,

i moved to a new server and tried taking everything with me. my problem now are mail account passwords, i generated every mail adress new and then copied the passwords from the mail_pass field in the mail_users table in sqlfrom the old server to the new server, but that didn't work, has there been a change in the way the passwords are read out between ispCP 1.0.6 OMEGA and ispCP 1.0.7 OMEGA?

thanks
06-06-2011 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcam Offline

RE: transfer passwords
(06-06-2011 07:46 PM)Catscrash Wrote:  Hi,

i moved to a new server and tried taking everything with me. my problem now are mail account passwords, i generated every mail adress new and then copied the passwords from the mail_pass field in the mail_users table in sqlfrom the old server to the new server, but that didn't work, has there been a change in the way the passwords are read out between ispCP 1.0.6 OMEGA and ispCP 1.0.7 OMEGA?

thanks

I don't know about changes, but I believe you should have transferred (via rsync or other) the whole file-system tree containing ispcp-managed files, and the DB, instead of regenerating all the adresses.
06-06-2011 08:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: transfer passwords
The problem here is that mail passwords are encrypted, using a key that is generated during the installation. Since the key of the server you are transfering from does not match the key that the destination server uses, the latter can not decrypt the passwords correctly (it gets gibberish, and the user's would have to input this gibberish to actually log in).

The solution is to decrypt the mail passwords using the original server's key, and re-encrypt them using the destination server's key. See this thread for further information.
06-06-2011 08:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply