Current time: 05-09-2024, 02:49 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Using google apps
djabit Offline

Using google apps
Hi,

i am hosting several domains on a debian squeeze server with ispcp 1.07.
For a single Domain i want to use google apps for emails... does anyone know how to do that?

Thank you.
06-16-2011 04:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Using google apps
Yeah, google knows. Search "ispcp google apps" and you get multiple threads about this very same topic, such as this one or that one.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2011 07:42 AM by kilburn.)
06-16-2011 07:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
djabit Offline

Hi,

unfortunatly that did not work for me Sad !
I tried this:
Code:
you have to remove the domain from your
"/etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains"
and from "/etc/postfix/ispcp/domains"
and run "postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains"
and run "postfix reload"

and got this error:
Code:
Jun 27 16:28:45 isp postfix/smtp[22965]: D672814C153E: to=<user@domain.tld>, relay=none, delay=0.02, delays=0.02/0/0/0, dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for user@domain.tld loops back to myself)

Any other ideas?
Thanks.
06-28-2011 12:40 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

You also have to edit the domain's DNS records (using either the GUI or by directly modifying the zone files) as specified in the google apps help pages.
06-28-2011 12:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
djabit Offline

(06-28-2011 12:46 AM)kilburn Wrote:  You also have to edit the domain's DNS records (using either the GUI or by directly modifying the zone files) as specified in the google apps help pages.

I edited the DNS Records and it works if i send mails from another server.
But if i try to send from an ispcp account i get this "loops back" error.
Do i have to edit the zone file on the ispcp server? Do you know how to do that?

Thanks.
06-28-2011 08:43 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Ispcp thinks that it is the authoritative server for your domain, so it considers its own DNS records instead of the "real" ones (the ones that you have setup elswhere).

Therefore, you *do* have to edit the zones in your server. This can be easily done by modifying *both* the /etc/ispcp/bind/working/domain.tld.db *and* /var/cache/bind/domain.tld.db files. Do not forget to increase the serial number while doing so.

Once you have edited both files, execute "rncd reload domain.tld" to tell bind to reload the zone, and your mails will start to be properly delivered.
06-28-2011 10:12 PM
djabit Offline

(06-28-2011 10:12 PM)kilburn Wrote:  Ispcp thinks that it is the authoritative server for your domain, so it considers its own DNS records instead of the "real" ones (the ones that you have setup elswhere).

Therefore, you *do* have to edit the zones in your server. This can be easily done by modifying *both* the /etc/ispcp/bind/working/domain.tld.db *and* /var/cache/bind/domain.tld.db files. Do not forget to increase the serial number while doing so.

Once you have edited both files, execute "rncd reload domain.tld" to tell bind to reload the zone, and your mails will start to be properly delivered.

Thank you it works Big Grin !

Another way:
Just add an mx record via ispcp gui... you have to use a priority <10 !
06-28-2011 11:02 PM