Current time: 04-19-2024, 02:19 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Installation of ispCP via SSH
ServerQuack Offline

Installation of ispCP via SSH
Is there a how to, or can someone provide step by step information ... how to properly install ispCP via SSH access? The OS that ispCP will be running on is Debian Squeeze 6 with a minimal installation of Squeeze ... 64 bit. Thank you.
08-01-2011 03:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: Installation of ispCP via SSH
The normal INSTALL docu is ok... (doc/Debian/INSTALL)
it's the normal way to install via a SSH shell.

/J
08-02-2011 10:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RouterRat Offline

Make sure you install SSH server on Debian.

Once you log on just follow ispCP setup manual, it doesn't make any difference either you are installing from the server or via SSH.

I use putty and installed ispCP via SSH, once you copy them codes you can rightclick on to command line and it pastes Big Grin Smile
08-03-2011 01:47 AM
ServerQuack Offline

Well, I'm looking at these two pages here, and the problems begin:

http://isp-control.net/documentation/sta...ion/debian
http://isp-control.net/documentation/howto/hostname

I've had servers before and I've never had a domain assigned to me in the past since I always had my own domains to begin with. When I signed up for the vServer I was only issued an IP number ... as has been the case every time that I had a server in the past. Even my last hosting service with cpanel assigned me a reseller account with an IP. So how can I make the installation work if I wasn't assigned a valid TLD to begin with? Don't get me wrong, I have several TLDs which belong to me ... but none of them have been pre-assigned to the server. I always thought that domains were added with the CP which would have to be installed to begin with ???
Now I'm thoroughly confused about this TLD issue as an installation requiremement ...
08-03-2011 05:07 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

let's say you "have" domainx.tld - so name the server server1.domainx.tld and later be sure to add the name in the zonefile of domainx.tld....
It's not important to have the FQDN assigned to the ip before installing ispcp - but it's important to use a hostname, not a domain name and later assign the hostname the correct ip.

/J
08-03-2011 09:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply