Current time: 04-24-2024, 02:16 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[SOLVED] Very strange ALIAS DOMAIN approval issue ???
ServerQuack Offline

[SOLVED] Very strange ALIAS DOMAIN approval issue ???
Alright, this is really weird and I can't figure out how to fix it. Looked in the documentation (mostly empty), tried google, and checked with the forum search. I have some german TLD domains that I like run run as one and the same. In other words, regardless which of the domain aliases is being used, the final output always appears from the primary TLD of those alias domains. Here's the problem ...

So I set up the primary (German) domain ... einfachclicken.de
Followed by creating an alias to another primary TLD ... deutschemaus.de
Followed by creating yet another alias to yet another primary TLD ... kraftmaus.de
Both alias domains are pointing to the original primary TLD ... einfachclicken.de
Those alias domains are not set up separately as end user accounts either.

The current browser display is not in question at the moment since the NS is still on another server. The actual problem is that I've received an email for one of the two alias TLD domains. This message basically reads that one of my customers (myself in this case) is waiting to have an alias domain approved. As soon as the approval has taken place the alias domain will be ready for use. You, or rather I, can activate the alias domain by logging onto:
http://myvserverpeople.de/reseller/alias.php

I changed the beginning of the link. The correct path takes me to the ispCP login page, and that's it. No matter how I log in, as admin, reseller, or end user of the primary domain with the aliases, I can't find anything that would permit me to approve an alias domain ??? Even stranger, I didn't receive an email like that for the other alias domain that's pointing to the same primary TLD. That one worked right away without any approval at all. What the heck is going on ... Sad
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2011 12:42 AM by ServerQuack.)
08-05-2011 01:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ServerQuack Offline

RE: Very strange ALIAS DOMAIN approval issue ???
BUMP ...... wow, still no response from the developers of ispCP .... Sad

I never received a message like that with VHCS, cpanel, or any other CP that I've used in the past. The subsequent email message provides a clickable link that ends with "alias.php" but when you click the link it just opens up the main ispCP login screen.
C'mon ispCP developers, what's up with this approval thing?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2011 03:28 AM by ServerQuack.)
08-14-2011 03:28 AM
ServerQuack Offline

RE: Very strange ALIAS DOMAIN approval issue ???
Okay, here's the answer.
My problem was that I was so used to VHCS (ispCP is a fork off VHCS) that when I saw Aliases on the left when logged in as a Reseller, I automatically assumed that clicking there would be the same thing as clicking on Show Aliases which is also available on the same screen with the user accounts. VHCS never had that approval thing going on, hence my understandable assumption. So if you create an alias domain that requires approval ... just log in as the reseller ... click on Aliases on the left side of your screen ... and then approve the alias domain.

Personally, I think this approval thing is ridiculous. I've had domains since 1991 and alias domains since around 1993. This approval nonsense was a first for me ...

Considering how it took just a couple of minutes to type this, I'm thoroughly disappointed that someone who already knew the answer was too lazy to write this for the benefit of anyone else who might run into this alias domain situation. I always thought forums were supposed to be helpful .... and this would have taken no time at all to answer. Sad
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2011 12:41 AM by ServerQuack.)
08-15-2011 12:39 AM