Current time: 04-19-2024, 07:42 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Looking for Price - Help move to vServer
ServerQuack Offline

Looking for Price - Help move to vServer
Hi there. I'm new here. Hope this is permitted and in the correct forum category. This post will be a little lengthy, bear with me please.

Before returning back to the USA from Germany early in 2010 we used to have a root server in Germany, running 64bit Debian 5 with a VHCS2 cp. I'm very familiar with VHCS and learned to like it a lot, a million times more than cPanel. Once we moved back to the USA we decided to get a reseller hosting account with cPanel. We had nothing but problems ... terrible administration, little to no support, frequent minor problems, and of course, cPanel ... which I learned to hate.

So today I purchased a vServer which I'm certain is going to serve us much better than the reseller account did. The vServer is in Germany, has dedicated 2 GB of RAM with 8 GB burstable, dual core processors, 2 IPs for our account, 120 GB of disk space, Debian 6 Squeeze, and full vServer root access. I'm going to try and install ispCP by myself within the next day or two but I'm looking for someone who can help with some of the other server related items that we need help with.

Before I go on I should mention that we do this mostly as a hobby. We do not have a lot of money and our main domain on the vServer is http://www.steinfein.org which is a community domain where absolutely everything is free. No ads either so we make no revenue on anything. The entire kit 'n' kaboodle is free.

I am not a server admin, so here's what I need help with ... and a price if possible.
The http://www.steinfein.org domain is a multimedia domain, based on the Dolphin 7.06 platform.
http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DetailedInstall

I need for someone with server or vServer experience to help me make everything work correctly as per the system requirements (available from above link). I also need to have zend optimizer installed for another domain. I will also need some help getting existing SQLs transferred over for various subdomains and possibly a little vServer customizing for roundcube, to enable me to use my existing roundcube files. I'm not opposed to doing some of the work if I have detailed instructions and I'll be sure to have everything transferred and ready to go. Subdomains will be ready as well, as will all required FTP and email accounts. Name servers are not an issue, our registrar is already covered. I'm assuming that I'll need someone's services for anywhere from 4 to 8 hours. Again, please keep in mind that we make absolutely nothing on our project, it's all free and our funds are limited. We're looking for someone to help us with our cause ... to be the best free community in the world. Thank you.
07-30-2011 01:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ServerQuack Offline

RE: Looking for Price - Help move to vServer
Wow, over 100 views and nobody with enough server admin experience or a few hours of time.
I guess 10% unemployment rate doesn't apply to any server admins, bummer. Sad
Thought for sure that someone would need some extra cash?

If nobody's interested by Monday afternoon consider this thread closed as I'll find me some pay services directly via our host or via the dolphin forum. I'm on Eastern time and plan on finding someone by Tuesday morning at the latest.
Very disappointed, over 100 page views, wow. Sad
07-31-2011 10:23 PM
DecIRC Offline
Banned

RE: Looking for Price - Help move to vServer
just read your post but too late Sad
08-28-2011 11:03 PM