Current time: 04-24-2024, 09:30 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

domain.tld stops processing index.php
ShinZan Offline

domain.tld stops processing index.php
So today for no reason that i can find, one of my domains quit working.

so if i type in domain.tld (which is a joomla site btw) it prompts me to download the file instead of serving it Sad

if i type in domain.tld/administrator/ the index.php file runs and processes as expected.

If i type in domain.tld/index.php it works no problem. In the interim to bandaid the problem i created index.html in the root that simply javascript redirects to domain.tld/index.php

I had this problem with another account once and i deleted that account on ISCP and recreated it to fix the problem. I don't have that luxury on this account it is a more high profile website that just needs to work.

Any thoughts?

David
12-16-2011 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: domain.tld stops processing index.php
Sounds like a problem with your .htaccess ...
Are you sure it's not a caching problem on your local side from a previous error you had on the site ?
Can you verify with wget --no-cache http://domain.tld/ from another computer if it's still downloading the source ?

Because if /administrator is working, your php processing is working, which will prevent apache from giving you the page source ... even if it is the index ... but it is still internally known it's php, because apache is looking for i.e. index.html and index.php and when it finds one of this files, it interprets them when needed - and sends the result back....

So try a different browser, empty your caches first, try wget ... if the problem still exists, turn on apache debugging ... show us the log please.
12-17-2011 06:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply