Current time: 04-24-2024, 03:52 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Have you guys(I mean the dev team) ever consider switch to git as vcs managment tool?
techlive Offline

Have you guys(I mean the dev team) ever consider switch to git as vcs managment tool?
I have just using git cloned the svn repositry with -s flag, and the whole development history looks very clear. So,it is great if the ispcp dev team originally using git as vcs control system.
02-17-2012 02:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: Have you guys(I mean the dev team) ever consider switch to git as vcs managment tool?
yes we already thought about git.

It is on our roadmap to switch the repo to github.
When is not yet clear. But the decision for it is through.
02-19-2012 11:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
techlive Offline

RE: Have you guys(I mean the dev team) ever consider switch to git as vcs managment tool?
(02-19-2012 11:54 PM)ephigenie Wrote:  yes we already thought about git.

I am doing the conversion now.

I am wondering can I have a list containing name and email fo all the contributors, it is need for the transition of svn2git to generate an approprate commiter info.

All the needed emails of contributors are list below:

DominoTree
GioMac
Obi_Wan
ShadowJumper
Shaft
TheCry
benedikt
blondak
breaki
haeber
henriks
joximu
kilburn
malte
nuxwin
pasichnyk
pgentoo
porath
quix0r
raphael
rats
root
scitech
se2bass
shin
simple
tirex
tomdooley
zool
zothos

If okay, you can send them via private message to me.

After I finish the transition and cleanning of the git repo, I will publish it somewhere for an review, and make it track the svn updates until git is officially used.

I thouth is is better to stay using git version trac as dev platform, because there alwready losts fo issure tracking history there, migrate to github will lost all the issue history.

Migrate trac form svn to git can change all revison number in the svn commit message to the correspoding git commit shasum.

Make it much more smoothly.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2012 10:17 AM by techlive.)
02-20-2012 10:10 AM
techlive Offline

I found https://github.com/BenBE/ispCP on github and its authors have been correctly mapped, excellent, why you guys don't tell me you have put an repo onto github, it will save my time trying to remap it.
03-20-2012 09:03 PM