Current time: 04-20-2024, 06:04 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAJOR DEVELOPMENT - Joomla Integration
forestcall Offline

MAJOR DEVELOPMENT - Joomla Integration
Hi-

My company is working on a major software project.

Our business model is to be the first on the internet to give away free storage, traffic, and community software solution.

In intial stages using Cpanel we gave away 24,000 accounts in 72 hours.
We are using a single Dempsey (3gb ram) for this test and running a fairly steady 16%-22% LOAD.

We want to take a solution like VHCS Omega and integrate 100% of the GUI into Joomla Control Panel. So each general user/site user will have a control panel for web services/mail, etc.

So we need the following:

Ability to easily create accounts via API
Ability to modify the GUI to match our Joomla Control Panel
Ability to host 1,000,000 (million+) or more accounts

Is OMEGA fairly complete?

Thanks!
02-11-2007 06:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: MAJOR DEVELOPMENT - Joomla Integration
Sry - for the moment it is not ready for such installations i think.
Thats mainly because VHCS - Omega has the same code-base as the old VHCS.
Just that our changelog is way longer Tongue .

But we decided to first make the max out of the old code to have a stable and good One - Server - Solution.
After that we start working on our ISP - CP and that will be multi-server ready with the ability to dedicate certain "service" roles +
to certain servers or server groups.

However - if you're seriously interested in using VHCS for your company we could see if we find someone who can help you.
Perhaps you can donate something ? Big Grin

We can extend Omega's capability to support an api to create/delete/modify accounts.
The GUI can be changed via our template - engine (see our new theme at our trunk Smile )
For 1,000,000+ accounts there have to be some changes in the way omega stores data on the filesystem and a lot more ...
But this depends heavily on the architecture you like to use for storing those data.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2007 08:20 PM by ephigenie.)
02-11-2007 08:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
forestcall Offline

Hi-

Well short of making a brand new system...uggghhhh :-(

I think your software seems very interesting.

Ideally I could find a active community with good collaboration (friendly people).

I would like to donate either 1 or 2 full-time developers to the project or some agreement to build stability features and documentation. Additionally We can develop a high qaulity web site with cust art (Im paying coders, designers, etc. so you can tap into this resource as a donation) Im open to ideas.

I would really like to look at what is involved with building a solution with ISP-CP.

We can greatly help with testing using a large array of server. I am thinking there must be a smooth way to have 1-2 RSYNC'd servers to each master server on a Balanced Server network. Were going to use one of Dell's Load Balancers.

We are working with large MAJOR media companies to create custom communities for popular TV shows and films. In addition to our main theme which is to provide free public unlimited storage, bandwidth with a kick ass community solution based off of Joomla-1.5 framework (Note: Joomla 1.5 is very expendable and is far better than codeigniter.com and the other frameworks out there.)

So how can we work out a detailed list of what needs to happen to make VHCS-Omega work for our needs?

If we dedicate 1-2 coders to this how much time to release a semi-stable BETA? [in relation to Omega]

Thanks!!!

ephigenie Wrote:Sry - for the moment it is not ready for such installations i think.
Thats mainly because VHCS - Omega has the same code-base as the old VHCS.
Just that our changelog is way longer Tongue .

But we decided to first make the max out of the old code to have a stable and good One - Server - Solution.
After that we start working on our ISP - CP and that will be multi-server ready with the ability to dedicate certain "service" roles +
to certain servers or server groups.

However - if you're seriously interested in using VHCS for your company we could see if we find someone who can help you.
Perhaps you can donate something ? Big Grin

We can extend Omega's capability to support an api to create/delete/modify accounts.
The GUI can be changed via our template - engine (see our new theme at our trunk Smile )
For 1,000,000+ accounts there have to be some changes in the way omega stores data on the filesystem and a lot more ...
But this depends heavily on the architecture you like to use for storing those data.
02-11-2007 11:00 PM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

This is a great offer and opportunity for us i know.
please give us a bit time to discuss it.

I'll speak with the rest of us. Smile
If you've already concrete ideas of what you need on your part - perhaps then you can drop me a mail so we can think over it and have an idea of what you want from us.
02-12-2007 02:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cypherior Offline

Hello,

It seems that you are ready to invest in this software quite a lot.

Are you still ready to keep the software open for all?
02-12-2007 02:35 AM