Current time: 04-19-2024, 02:20 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Please help error perl
cnttlc Offline

Please help error perl
I try install ispcp omega 1.0.7 on CentOS 5.5 Final. To step:

Code:
cd /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup
perl ispcp-setup

Show error:

Code:
Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at ...

Please help me.

thanks!
11-23-2012 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: Please help error perl
you need to install the correct package for "DBI.pm" or - if installed - maybe the pathcs are not correct...

CentOS is not very good supported... there were to few people to test it.

if the package is provided by centos - then use yum or whatever. Otherwise maybe this helps
perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI'

/J
11-23-2012 07:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cnttlc Offline

Thanks Joximu. Good supported for ISPCP??? I finding how to step by step install ISPCP on this forum. Everyone give me link.

thanks.
11-24-2012 12:51 PM
cnttlc Offline

I try your command but it until show error again:

Code:
Can't locate feature.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at ispcp-setup line 43.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ispcp-setup line 43.

I found on internet:
Code:
The 'state' feature
use feature 'state' tells the compiler to enable state variables.
See Persistent Private Variables in perlsub for details.
This feature is available starting with Perl 5.10.

use feature 'static' only for Perl 5.10 current i installed perl 5.8.8.

Please help me or how to setup ISP CP on which os is good supported.

thanks!
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 06:20 PM by cnttlc.)
11-24-2012 05:44 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Hi cnttlc
there were times when CentOS was better supported - but as you see, the list of needed perl modules has grown and therefore the support for the newer ispcp (which also is very old...) and newer CentOS has decreased... - as you see here: the needed version of perl does not exist in the CentOS that was new two years ago (CentOS 5.*).
CentOS 6 seems to have perl 5.10... - but its very new and I thinnk there will be other problems arising with ispcp (which is much older)

Best supported OS is Debian...

And if you really want a newer Control Panel, then maybe you look for one of the two (or more?) follower of ispcp - since ispcp hasn't made any steps advance since around 18 months...

So I see only a few solutions:
- try to install ispcp 1.0.6 - and then do a manual update to 1.0.7 (or 1.1.0 beta1)...
- you try to change the code in the setup routines to not se the "state" feature... but this seems to be difficult - it was used alot...
- you try to use CentOS 6 and then install ispcp 1.0.7 (or 1.1.0 beta1)
- you use Debian 6 (squeeze) and install ispcp 1.0.7 (or 1.1.0 beta1)
- you use Debian 6 and install ***** or easyscp... maybe the latter also runs with CentOS 5.x

/Joxi
11-25-2012 07:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply