Current time: 04-24-2024, 05:21 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

_SESSION problem??
robmorin Offline

RE: _SESSION problem??
Yes me too... wen i was doing rsyncs over form old server , the first level .htaccess were not being copied... but all underlying .htaccess were, well i am assuming..
Hehehehe

I will double check that though....

Thanks..

Rob..

pasichnyk Wrote:robmorin,

I've had trouble migrating websites that rely on mod_rewrite in the past as well... Seeing as your rewrite is actually loaded... Do the sites actually require mod_rewrite themselves? Or do they do some tricky stuff with php to do this on their own? My guess is they use mod_rewrite, but without knowing the applications this is just a guess.

Try this... Are there any .htaccess files that you forgot to copy over? This was my problem, in that i forgot a .htaccess that was in the root directory of the site, which had all the rewrite rules in it. Give a look and see if this is your issue.

-
Jesse
11-26-2007 03:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robmorin Offline

RE: _SESSION problem??
Another interesting thing.....

all websites PHP.ini file have ...
cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1

If this is used a php file that uses PATH_TRANSLATED will not work!
This is a very big deal to many of my websites... and this is not documented anywhere..... Once i fix the php files that use PATH_TRANSLATED to SCRIPT_FILENAME as stated in the actual php.ini file, all works fine....

There is quite a difference between vhcs2 and omega for stuff like this....
There either should be a way to make this transition backwards compatible or stuff like this must be documented under something like.... "Things to consider when Migrating from VHCS2 to Omega with respect to PHP"

This is not a complaint , rather suggestion as a transition from vhcs2 to Omega can result in websites not working and can take days to figure out why, and with not even knowing that changes like these can make a difference it can cause lots of problems with the clients.... We cannot tell them how to program, but only suggest what is better to use.... Also this might lead some of the clients to say, "Well if i have to re-work my site after my providers migration/upgrade/move, who will pay for the man hours to change these files/sites"

I think it would be helpful to have a section on this website where one could have a list of possible migration issues, or issues that have happened and have been resolved, then we can add stuff that might help others in the same situation, and prevent frustration, and make the transition vhcs2 to Omega, less troublesome...

I hope this helps a few people out there.....

Smile
A good day/evening to all..

Rob..

pasichnyk Wrote:robmorin,

I've had trouble migrating websites that rely on mod_rewrite in the past as well... Seeing as your rewrite is actually loaded... Do the sites actually require mod_rewrite themselves? Or do they do some tricky stuff with php to do this on their own? My guess is they use mod_rewrite, but without knowing the applications this is just a guess.

Try this... Are there any .htaccess files that you forgot to copy over? This was my problem, in that i forgot a .htaccess that was in the root directory of the site, which had all the rewrite rules in it. Give a look and see if this is your issue.

-
Jesse
11-28-2007 12:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply