Current time: 04-25-2024, 07:51 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

change www root to /home/www
weblivehelp Offline

RE: change www root to /home/www
katun Wrote:
weblivehelp Wrote:Hi, I'm having the same problem, I also need to resize the /var partition to make it bigger.

I'm on debian etch (4.0) and I have no physical access to the server, I'm using ext2/3 (not lvm), do you have any suggestion? How did you do that?

hi,
i've made it with a installscript of my hoster. ask your hoster about installscripts. these installscripts should partition your harddrives with other sizes.

greets

Well, the thing is I don't want to lose data, the server has a lot of important data.

I know a way to resize/create partitions, but only if I had physical/offline access to the server...

Does anyone know a way?

I was thinking about shrinking /home and then either:

- enlarge / partition with the free unpartitioned space
- create /var partition with the free unpartitioned space

What do you suggest?
06-03-2008 07:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
weblivehelp Offline

Well, I fixed this by moving /var/www to /home/www (created this last dir) and then creating a symlink from /var/www to /home/www like:

ln -s /home/www /var/www

I'm just having some problems when adding a catch-all (haven't happened before), but I'm not sure if it's related to this.
06-05-2008 04:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
softi Offline

Bind mount
Bind mount the solution

Can you mount directory like partition!

stop the apache2 service

Code:
/etc/init.d/apache2 stop

and move all files /var/www to /home/www

and add this line to the
/etc/fstab
Code:
/home/www      /var/www   none    bind            0 0

and next
Code:
mount -a
/etc/init.d/apache2 start
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2008 01:37 AM by softi.)
06-08-2008 01:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
weblivehelp Offline

I honestly like my solution better.

The only "problem" is that every function on ispCP stopped working (all status remain "addition in progress", but that's probably because I didn't change the path variables in /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf though I don't see much sense in that) I solved by adding the ispcp-rqst-mgr to the cron running every 15 minutes.
06-08-2008 03:24 AM
ameir Offline

weblivehelp Wrote:I honestly like my solution better.

The only "problem" is that every function on ispCP stopped working (all status remain "addition in progress", but that's probably because I didn't change the path variables in /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf though I don't see much sense in that) I solved by adding the ispcp-rqst-mgr to the cron running every 15 minutes.

You could have avoided that problem by simply mounting /var/www/virtual onto another partition instead of the entire /var/www/ path. That way all users are on a new partition, and /var/www/ won't take up much space, since it's mainly ispcp stuff. I'm using that setup and it works well.
07-04-2008 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
weblivehelp Offline

Well, I now don't have any problems with this, I just changed the paths in /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf, /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispcp.conf and /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf and all is good, no need to have that on cron or anything else.

I also moved mysql, mail and log/apache and log/mysql to /home

All is good Smile
07-04-2008 05:50 PM