Current time: 05-17-2024, 12:56 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

mod_php5 instead of fastcgi = problems
Eminos Offline

mod_php5 instead of fastcgi = problems
Hi,

I had some problems using fastcgi so I disabled that and installed mod_php5. It works, but I have permission errors when using some php functions like:
"Warning: move_uploaded_file(/var/www/virtual/domain.com/htdocs/media/images/profile/29/1198345435.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/virtual/domain.com/htdocs/inc/images.inc.php on line 531
Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move" ...

I guess it's easy to fix for you pros. How should I configure it so it works with mod_php5 ??
I only have ONE domain on that server, so it's a single user envirement.

And yes. I have similar (session) problems with ispCP control panel and pma and webmail and so on.

Greatful for fast reply.

/E
12-23-2007 04:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rbtux Offline
Moderators

RE: mod_php5 instead of fastcgi = problems
why do you need ispcp when you have only one domain to manage?
12-23-2007 05:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eminos Offline

Good question!
Probably coz I didn't wanna look for an other WEB, MAIL, FTP, MySQL manager. And it seemed like a simple way to install all the needed packages. That's why.

/E
12-23-2007 05:15 AM
rbtux Offline
Moderators

It is indeed when you don't modify some basic sezzings like fastcgi...

But back to your problem. When you run php scripts with mod_php they belong the user apache runs on (www-data or wwwrun in most cases). So this user must have write permissions in the folder you moving the file to..
12-23-2007 05:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

in other words: the tmp folders must be writable by wwwrun/www-data - so either change owner or (quick'n'dirty) change permission to 777...

/J
12-23-2007 08:42 PM
Eminos Offline

Awsome. Thanks guys Smile

Oh yes ! How should I fix the ispCP control panel to work with mod_php5 ? And PMA and the rest of the tools.

/E
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2007 11:30 PM by Eminos.)
12-23-2007 11:28 PM
rbtux Offline
Moderators

I would enable fast-cgi for the admin interface! Elsewise you have to check a lot of permissions. see the set-permission.sh script in the setup folder...
12-24-2007 12:05 AM
Eminos Offline

Oh, ok, great ! That was acutally my next question. Can I enable fast-cgi for SOME domains, and use mod_php5 for other ? And how do I enable the fast-cgi for only the admin insterface ? a2enmod fastcgi_ispcp ?

/E
12-24-2007 12:08 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

I think you need to modify the 00_master.conf and also the ispcp.conf - because they only test if a certain module is installed.

But you have to install/enable both modules: php5 and fast-cgi

Bu I think changing the permissions of ispcp is somewhat easier... you should be able to modify the set-gui-permissions script (in the engine/setup-folder)

/J
12-24-2007 12:11 AM
Eminos Offline

I just modified the 00_master.conf, and commented out the php4 and php5 tests. So there is no open_basedir and stuff for the admin interface. I hope that is ok. At least now it works.

/E
12-24-2007 01:35 AM