Current time: 05-06-2024, 07:41 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[Solved] Postfix problems and "uninitialized value" during Installation/Setup
SpiderWeb Offline

[Solved] Postfix problems and "uninitialized value" during Installation/Setup
Hello,

First of all thanks for making ispCP and for the great jobs that you have done. I was a VHCS user and I decided now to move to ispCP, but I'm not going to do any migration because I've changed so many thing that is just not pratical at all, so I have done a installation of ispCP on a fresh installed Ubuntu Server 7.10 Gutsy and I've be running on a couple of problems which a solved anyway.

1) When running ispcp-setup I've got the error:

/bin/cp: cannot stat `/etc/ispcp/postfix/ispcp/{aliases,domains,mailboxes,tr
ansport,sender-access}': No such file or directory
ERROR: External command '/bin/cp -p /etc/ispcp/postfix/ispcp/{aliases,domains,mailboxes,transport,sender-access} /etc/postfix/ispcp' returned '1' status !

This error is caused by dash shell.
New versions of Ubuntu (and I believe Debian as well) now links /bin/sh to /bin/dash instead of /bin/bash.

As a workaround I've changed back the symbolic link to /bin/bash.
$ cd /bin
$ sudo rm -i sh
$ sudo ln -s bash sh

As I said this is a workaround. I believe that the standard now is to use dash, so I suppose we need to understand why dash is complaining and fix the error.
Reason why we should use dash are explained here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DashAsBinSh

2) Again running ispcp-setup I've got several error similar this ones:

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ispcp-setup line 967
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ispcp-setup line 3010.

Basically a couple of variables are missing in ispcp.conf, I solved by adding the following lines under # File system variables secion.

CMD_SHELL = /bin/bash
CMD_CHMOD = /bin/chmod

I believe these 2 errors are bugs but I'm not sure if someone else already filed them.

Thanks
12-24-2007 09:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: [Solved] Postfix problems and "uninitialized value" during Installation/Setup
Hi SpiderWeb

first: we do the distri specific changes after RC3 (for RC4)... but of course we need feedback...

We already know about the bash/dash thing. That's why a CMD_SHELL has been introduced - but this variable is not yet in the ubuntu config...

The idea is to use this shell to invoke the copy command above.

Debian etch still uses bash so I think we won't switch to dash... but we should think about the fact, that /bin/sh is not a synonym for bash... there are some hints in the link you posted...

Joximu
12-24-2007 10:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply