Current time: 04-18-2024, 11:49 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AJAX or atleast JavaScript usage in Omega
markg85 Offline

AJAX or atleast JavaScript usage in Omega
Hey,

first of all: congrats on the layout of this site Smile today is the first time i visit this site in about a month and i suddently see a LAYOUT!! well it sure looks good. good job on that.

Now for the AJAX and JavaScript stuff. lately i`m getting more and more in the Javascript stuff (and ajax) and i would like to see some parts in VHCS Omega to be done in JavaScript. i didn`t actually installed vhcs omega because i couldn`t get it working the last time.. gonna give it another attempt today (tonight) but asuming no javascript is used in VHCS Omega.. you could do some real usefull things.. like for example sliding menu`s in and out without reloading the page, applying settings on the fly without the need to reload and alot of other things.

a verry good javascrip library to use is: jQuery: http://jquery.com/ with the
Interface: http://interface.eyecon.ro/ effects extension. bind those 2 together and use it in VHCS Omega and it will be a extremely powerfull script.

now i`m not gonna promiss anything, but if i`m realy getting in this control panel you could expect alot small modifications from me with this library and adding some effects in VHCS Smile

o well.. it`s just a idea.
let me know what you think of it.

Mark
02-28-2007 07:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: AJAX or atleast JavaScript usage in Omega
We have several questions about this.
Right now - we try to stay compatible to most browsers.
And after we got a nice layout functionality stands before Design.

But you got spare time and you like to do that - then we'll be more than happy to have someone integrate some nifty things into our panel.
But just in case please think over - that it makes no sense atm because you'll have to write a lot of simple helper scripts and as we're going forward fast i can not promise, that their functionality will last until 1.1.0 or so because now is only the start - the big changes will follow as soon as we got the 1.0 stable Wink
02-28-2007 08:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

AJAX for VHCS Omega isn't that good idea, in my mind. There is to much limitation by design so we need to rewrite the parts to get a real "Web 2.0" compatible application.
02-28-2007 09:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
markg85 Offline

oke.. thanx for the reply`s. when i have spare time and when i have managed to get this panel to work in Fedora i will try some nifty things in javascript.. not that i can do alot with this stuff.. i`m in the progress of learning that stuff, but i can get far with just the examples provides on the sites mentioned earlyer.
02-28-2007 10:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply