Current time: 04-19-2024, 01:44 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which version do I start with?
DarkSide Offline

Which version do I start with?
Firstly, thanks to those who helped in this thread:

http://www.isp-control.net/forum/which-o...-2163.html

The installation of RC2 (just testing it) went perfectly on etch and all worked as expected.

This leads me now to my next question Smile Should I be chosing to use ispCP on a live server, I understand that at the moment the script(s) are updated frequently. Which version do I chose as a good starting place? The latest daily build? or stick with RC2 until the next RC version comes along?

What about update scripts, do they work at the moment or are there still problems? I have read quite a bit in the forums but some of the information isnt really clear (to me). What would you do if you were me and wishing to use ispCP?

Many thanks for all replies Smile

Edit - Fixed my title to mean something lol
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2008 06:13 AM by DarkSide.)
01-18-2008 06:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gOOvER Offline
Banned

RE: Which version do I start with?
I would use the lastest Nightly Built. Normaly it's very easy to update to the newest Trunk. I only use the newest Trunk.

The Updatescript is released for testing, but there are at the Moment some small Errors, which will be fixed soon.
01-18-2008 06:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DarkSide Offline

Thanks for the reply gOOvER Smile

gOOvER Wrote:The Updatescript is released for testing, but there are at the Moment some small Errors

I will start with the latest nightly then just make sure I am fully backed up before running the update script, just in case.

Thanks again!
01-18-2008 06:53 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Hi

the Update script is only for upgrading from VHCS or from the RC2 release - not for the daily snapshots...

Normally the updates from one snapshot to another is not too difficult - the longer you wait the more difficult it can be (you'll find a description how the update can be done in the online docu or howto...).

Since RC2c is from may last year I also strongly recommend the daily snapshot for now.

/Joximu
01-18-2008 07:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DarkSide Offline

joximu Wrote:the Update script is only for upgrading from VHCS or from the RC2 release - not for the daily snapshots...

Yep, I managed to work that out Smile

joximu Wrote:the longer you wait the more difficult it can be

I will be updating regularly Smile

joximu Wrote:Since RC2c is from may last year I also strongly recommend the daily snapshot for now.

Cool, I will. I used RC2 as a test install on etch and it went well. I will be installing the new server soon with the latest snapshot. Many thanks all Smile
01-18-2008 07:13 AM