Current time: 04-19-2024, 09:04 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

IspCP as a VHCS Omega stripdown
Kermit Offline

IspCP as a VHCS Omega stripdown
Just some thoughts...

as said in a previous post, VHCS Omega is composed by some modules working side by side, as webmail, webftp, sql-panel and (in the future) dns panel, ticketing system, and so on.

When IspCP as a general framework will be ready to go, VHCS Omega will be integrated as its default hosting-panel. At that moment, will all that modules mentioned above be thought to "raise one level", being stripped off of the VHCS Omega itself to be managed by the main IspCP framework?

I think this could be a good point: first of all VHCS Omega will be very lightened, it will require less effort to be put in place and maintaned... and it should be easier to make the architeture much more "modular".

Ok, I know, nothing useful here... as I told, just thoughts ^_^'
Sorry
03-03-2007 12:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

RE: IspCP as a VHCS Omega stripdown
I think the developers already have an idea of how the concept will work. I can only speculate but im sure it will be a framework similar to Drupal or Joomla (runs on modules). A good reference for something like this will probably be Webmin - it is just a framework with lots of modules that allow you to configure just about anything in your server. With ispCP seen as the virtualmin equivalent.

VHCS2 would be the hosting control panel for a single server - allows domain management, user management, subdomain management, ftp management etc.
ispCP would be the server control panel for multiple servers - allows configuring more than one server, specifying structure of servers such as db server, webserver, filestorage, backups etc.

I dont think ispCP will be confusing and use modules designed for VHCS2. I only see it as if you have 1 server you use VHCS2 to manage it, if you have more than one server you use ispCP to control the multiple VHCS2 panels to make your life easier. Something along these lines...

Of course this is only speculation - the developers can shed some light Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2007 12:55 AM by BioALIEN.)
03-03-2007 12:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

Do not break our heads! Big Grin

There will be a detailed view on what the Future of VHCS an ispCP will be right after finishing the work on the next release. Please try not to speculate it won't help us either.
03-03-2007 01:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kermit Offline

You're right! ^_^'
Sorry! Tongue
03-03-2007 01:48 AM