Current time: 05-17-2024, 05:43 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Upgrading to RC3 from version...??
robmorin Offline

Upgrading to RC3 from version...??
I would like to upgrade to RC3, however for some reason my control panel says its 1.0.0 RC3 already? Bottom left hand of the panel once logged in

But i have not upgraded in over 6 months... how can i tell what my real version is, and or do is it a problem if i just upgrade? or is there anything special i have to do, IE , new tables/fields etc....

Thanks...

Rob..
02-18-2008 10:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cube Offline

RE: Upgrading to RC3 from version...??
What the panel says is not correct. You should know what you have downloaded 6 months ago.
If it was a nightly build or a SVN checkout, updating with the update-script will not work in all probability. A manual update will be very difficult.
02-18-2008 11:10 PM
robmorin Offline

I do not think i am the only one that does not know what version they have running as 6 months ago until now is a long time, especially if i work on other stuff other than Omega, we are a large SP, we have things to do other than do daily workings on Omega, if anything there should be a version number in whatever version is downloaded....

So basically your saying that upgrading from one RC to another is so different that it will make it very difficult? I find that hard to believe... and even if so, it has to be done... so thats why i was asking if there were any new tables and stuff, or can i just copy over the /var/www/ispcp dir once rebuilt...

Thanks...

Rob..

Cube Wrote:What the panel says is not correct. You should know what you have downloaded 6 months ago.
If it was a nightly build or a SVN checkout, updating with the update-script will not work in all probability. A manual update will be very difficult.
02-18-2008 11:31 PM
gOOvER Offline
Banned

you also have to copy the tpl Files from /parts. Then make a rebuilt configs. maybe it works.
02-18-2008 11:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robmorin Offline

What i have done in the past was to build it as usual without the mysql part and once the files are dumped into /tmp i use to just copy over the /var/www/ispcp would this method still work? Thats why i was asking if there have been any table or field changes and or how to i tell what version i have??

Thanks for your reply..

ROb..

gOOvER Wrote:you also have to copy the tpl Files from /parts. Then make a rebuilt configs. maybe it works.
02-18-2008 11:46 PM
Cube Offline

Quote:would this method still work?
No. There where changes in the config-templates (as GOOvER said, but not only in the parts-directory) and other config-changes which are applied only during install (e.g. logrotate). Perhaps there where also changes in the database. Perhaps also your last updates were not complete, because you only updated /var/www/ispcp.
I don't want to discourage you, but I don't think your update will work. Wink
02-19-2008 12:01 AM
robmorin Offline

OK so i think there were docs on how to upgrade somewhere? or were there? Smile

as i forget... if you remember please show me a URL to go to ... thanks...

Rob...

Cube Wrote:
Quote:would this method still work?
No. There where changes in the config-templates (as GOOvER said, but not only in the parts-directory) and other config-changes which are applied only during install (e.g. logrotate). Perhaps there where also changes in the database. Perhaps also your last updates were not complete, because you only updated /var/www/ispcp.
I don't want to discourage you, but I don't think your update will work. Wink
02-19-2008 12:09 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Hi

the manual upgrade works - it's the way as described in the nightly-update-howto.

You also sshould replace the parts/*.tpl files, then maybe you need to adopt some other configuration files (cron.d/ispcp, maybe logrotate.d/ispcp, ispcp/ispcp.conf etc). and then rebuild all domains - then you should be uptodate.

BUT: always backup before... - without brain you'll loose!
02-19-2008 02:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Yes, as joxi said! This works. I did it last weekend on our Server Wink
Dont forget AWStats if you want to use it. There is also someting to do.

Greez BeNe
02-19-2008 04:19 AM