Current time: 04-30-2024, 05:39 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ispCP on Ubuntu
hollymcr Offline

ispCP on Ubuntu
What's the status of ispCP on Ubuntu (eg 7.10 server)?

I had limited success last time I tried, and I know that 1.0.0 RC3 only really supports Debian not Ubuntu, but has anyone here got it working? Would I better with CVS code?

I installed a test PC with Debian to try that, but I'm spending a lot of time working around the differences between Debian and Ubuntu so if I can work around the issues in ispCP instead then I'll do that.
03-04-2008 02:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: ispCP on Ubuntu
Hi

if you know howto run the webservices with ubuntu, then you should be able to install and run ispCP.

I once installed it on the different ubuntus and always succeded - without big ubuntu knowledge (but I use my brain). Just try it - if there are problems, maybe first make the symlink from /bin/sh to /bin/bash (instead of dash).
And maybe you have to watch about the folder for the ftp log files...

/J

PS: Feedback welcome - we need this.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2008 07:10 AM by joximu.)
03-04-2008 07:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hollymcr Offline

joximu Wrote:if you know howto run the webservices with ubuntu, then you should be able to install and run ispCP.

OK, in that case if I can't make it work maybe I should quit my job :-)

Quote:PS: Feedback welcome - we need this.

No problem, that is a good reason to work with Ubuntu then.

Thanks for your hints.
03-05-2008 05:57 PM
weblivehelp Offline

Hi, I'd like to know the status of this, I'm deciding if I should install Ubuntu server or Gentoo on a new server to use with ispCP.
04-04-2008 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hollymcr Offline

weblivehelp Wrote:Hi, I'd like to know the status of this, I'm deciding if I should install Ubuntu server or Gentoo on a new server to use with ispCP.

As the OP I'd love to tell you know how to make it work. Unfortunately it is still on my "to do" list, I haven't had the time to do anything on this since I asked for help.

It is very high on my to-do list and I will report back when I have something to report, but at the moment lots of other jobs keep inserting themselves at the top of my to-do list outside my control.
04-04-2008 05:28 PM
weblivehelp Offline

Ok thanks for your reply!

I'm going to try to install it on gentoo, but if I can't by the end of the weekend (I only have one or two hours per day to spend on this), I'll try on Ubuntu.

If I am successfull on ubuntu, I'll let you know Smile

Thanks again.
04-04-2008 06:00 PM
weblivehelp Offline

I ended up installing it on Debian, gentoo was having many problems, but I suppose it should work just fine for Ubuntu.

(Sorry for the late reply, I completely forgot about this thread :| )
05-03-2008 06:36 PM