Current time: 04-25-2024, 08:59 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Create FTP user ?
warcrosoft Offline

Create FTP user ?
Hi, i need to create FTP user witch can Read/Write/Exec all data in '/var/www/virtual' directory, i already try to change 'gid' and 'uid' in 'vhcs2->ftp_group', 'vhcs2->ftp_users' data base tables to '33' it's an ID number of 'www-data' group in my computer, but then that user can only read. What ID i should try, maby there is another way to make FTP user.

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH
03-19-2007 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: Create FTP user ?
That's not possible - because in Omega we use suexec - so www-data may read everything (because he has to serve the files) but not write anywhere.

That's protecting you & your users.
03-19-2007 12:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
petzsch Offline

Only root would have apropriate rights to the directories you wish to access.

Perhaps a solution like using WinSCP to access the files of your Server by SSH would allready fit your needs.
03-21-2007 06:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
warcrosoft Offline

I'm allready using WinSCP and Putty, but i need to create that user for other porpuse, i'm making some PHP script witch accesing users domains via FTP. And i allreaduy tryed root user but this user in FTP users list don't exist, i allready tryed to create user with root perrmissions withh ID in my server is 0, but also nothing, i'm loosng hope to create new tool for VHCS Sad
03-22-2007 08:55 AM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

What's that for a tool?

In our Omega Panel we've got our own way to access user directories via ftp out of the interface. If you want to automate something - you may take a look at our vfs.php in gui/includes/
03-22-2007 11:47 AM
warcrosoft Offline

Ok thanks, i will look in that vfs.php if it will be helpfull i will post a new topic with a new tool for whcs, but for a while i don't whant to recover it
03-26-2007 08:08 PM