Current time: 05-27-2024, 10:52 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Issues with Debian Lenny (atm testing)
petzsch Offline

Issues with Debian Lenny (atm testing)
Hi,

since I didn't find much on the topic here, I thought I'd share my experiences with ISPcp on Lenny.

Some things I noticed so far:

chkrootkit is not included in Debian testing because of an unfixed bug they have in their most recent version.

libapache2-mod-cband has been removed by the debian admins because their is no active maintaince for it.

libsasl2 has no installation canidate, but can be replaced by libsasl2-2. (perhaps a change to the package list, would be nice)

proftpd-mysql is no longer present under testing. Maybe mysql support was included directly into the proftpd package (will lett you know, once i get to it)

PHP4 is not in the package list, which is good, since Debian is dropping support for php4 beginning with lenny. I guess the fastcgi config will need some manual tuning to use the php5 binaries by default.

Beside of the above mentioned the lenny package list seems to work, will get back here as soon as something else hits my way. Wink

Btw.: According to an article on pro-linux there will be a feature freeze upon debian testing in march. So some of things listed here, may stay like this in the stable release of lenny and should be considered upon further development.
03-16-2008 07:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

RE: Issues with Debian Lenny (atm testing)
Hey Petzsch, nice to see you here. I will include your comments to RC4 release. It seems there are no more bugs found in RC3 and trunk so we can release the next step soon.

Are you interested in active developing? You are familiar to the VHCS code. Would be great to have you in Devel-Team!

Native PHP4 Support will be dropped soon and PHP6 support added. Nevertheless, it will be possible to use PHP4 with ispCP if wanted. (Even PHP3 will be possible. =) )

RatS
03-16-2008 09:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply