Current time: 04-25-2024, 05:14 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question....
ArcAiN6 Offline

Question....
I was wondering if there was a way i could automaticly create the following for new subdomains on the fly as they are created.

server side automation:
1) Have some sort of " setup " page where the new subdomain user info is collected. (username / pass, email... blah blah)

2) automaticly create e-mail, ftp and PMA accounts using the new user's

3) edit a config.php file to reflect database name, username, password info
copy files for a premade website into new domain's space

4) clone a " default " database to a new dataabase, and set the new user as owner with his user/pass info

5) add an " admin " folder to the new site, and have it .htpassword or otherwise protected so only the user with the information can login to it. (this page will contain a set of " quick " links to PMA, Filemanager, and Webmail on it.)

Just an idea i had to make it easier for me to get some subdomains " pre " installed with a mysql-php based website, email, ftp, and secured " admin " type panel so the subdomain user's can quickly get where they need to go.
03-18-2008 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: Question....
Sounds good - you can start programming
03-18-2008 07:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ArcAiN6 Offline

RE: Question....
joximu Wrote:Sounds good - you can start programming

well.. i foudn the folder with the " default_domain " documetns in it.. i think..
I was figuring maybe i could alter that, or replace it with a PHP script or soemthing. Just an idea. That way once the new subdomain is up and running, the user just needs to enter some basic information. the hard part is trying to figure out how to make ispcp automaticly create the user's email, ftp, and pma stuff based on thier inputs of user/pass...

as i've not crawled over every portion of code for ispcp yet, i wouldn't know where to begin to hook something like this into ispcp. perhaps as some sort of module or soemthing would probably be best.
any ideas?
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2008 01:15 PM by ArcAiN6.)
03-19-2008 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply