Current time: 04-26-2024, 05:30 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

smtpd_sasl_authd
skysel Offline

smtpd_sasl_authd
Is there any HOWTO, on getting sasl auth working with ispcp? I tried installing it myself but miserably failed... I'm stuck at user check from mysql.
03-28-2008 11:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: smtpd_sasl_authd
Give more infos about your config ar just follow the INSTALL docs starting with a fresh debian.
03-29-2008 12:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skysel Offline

joximu Wrote:Give more infos about your config ar just follow the INSTALL docs starting with a fresh debian.

I'm sure somebody already configured ispcp and posftix this way with mysql. I would _really_ appreciate step-by-step instructions. No use giving you my config since I don't even know how to start on this issue. Been trying for whole day, but failing over and over again. And most how-to's are outdated (older sasl version, postfix version) which causes me to fail...over and over again Sad. Even got a headache...
03-29-2008 05:26 AM
skysel Offline

Anyone at all? Sad
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2008 10:41 PM by skysel.)
03-31-2008 10:41 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

What's the problem?
If you follow the ispcp installation you'll have a running sasl mechanism based on postfix and the courier infos (user).

So - if you want to do it manually then please do it but don't ask for help in this forum.

If there's a problem in your installation then you should post alot more infos so we can help.

/J
04-01-2008 02:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
_lunix_ Offline

joximu Wrote:..
So - if you want to do it manually then please do it but don't ask for help in this forum.
Are you joking ?
What is the harm of someone asking for some help in here ?
Is this a dictactorship or a decent open community ?
The above statement and the other ones in this forum stating how only debian is really supported and the easy answer to people's problems is "install debian and ispcp and your problems will go away", gives this project a bad smell.
It doesn't have the same feel that other open source, community driven apps have.
It is in better shape then what VHCS was but if not careful I feel it will end up the same.
</rant>
09-11-2008 06:41 PM