Current time: 04-20-2024, 07:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What happened to vhcs.net??
Esni Offline

RE: What happened to vhcs.net??
RatS Wrote:no, it has nothing to do with me; I've enough other work than coding backdoors for VHCS Big Grin

The most calming comment you can hear from a developer of a software that is the hearth and soul of your business Cool
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2007 02:01 AM by Esni.)
03-31-2007 02:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

Esni Wrote:
RatS Wrote:no, it has nothing to do with me; I've enough other work than coding backdoors for VHCS Big Grin

The most calming comment you can hear from a developer of a software that is the hearth and soul of your business Cool

Yeah but it was only a matter of time until someone breaked into the vhcs.net server. Updates to every important server-software have been missed since 2005.

The Bugtracker itself was a Bug - don't know whats in there now.
03-31-2007 05:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

This post is on VHCS.net under Announcements.

Quote:Next week we lost our backup server and only 1 day after the HDD of the VHCS server was defect. So we lost a lot data here

Now we look all backup CDs and DVDs that we downloaded during the last months.

I hope that we'll finde some newer backup thet this one who is installed at the moment is one year older.

cheers
Alex

The next thing is, that EVERY post about VHCS Omega / ISPCP or link to here is DELETED.
Nice, very nice! Seems that there is someone angry.
04-04-2007 04:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Here is a second announcement in the German VHCS.NET Forum ( i translated it to English)

Quote:There some people mean that the VHCS project is death, I announce here that I and Ico work since a long time at v3. It does not matter that you believe it or not. The version 2.0 was never expected.

cheers
Alex
04-04-2007 05:00 PM
digibyte Offline

BeNe Wrote:Here is a second announcement in the German VHCS.NET Forum ( i translated it to English)

Quote:There some people mean that the VHCS project is death, I announce here that I and Ico work since a long time at v3. It does not matter that you believe it or not. The version 2.0 was never expected.

cheers
Alex
If there are no releases for a project in more than a year (!), not even security patches, then I think it's clear the project is dead, even if there happens a lot of work behind the scenes. As long as this isn't released, the project is officially dead. Additionally, as an open source project it is a very bad decision to do a closed development, I think.

Just my opinion...
04-04-2007 06:21 PM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

yeah - development is so close that even the dev team doesn't know about it.
Tongue

Needless to say anything more about it.
04-04-2007 06:29 PM
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

If they decide to work on it then great. But we're continuing with our own goals and paths. There's room for more than one control panel to exist in this market. It all comes down to what other developers feel comfortable with contributing. Would you contribute to a closed environment or an open environment and get to speak with the developers openly?

I think this answers the question - but lets not lose respect for Alex or the team at VHCS.
04-05-2007 01:24 AM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

There's no Team left at vhcs.net.

Benedikt and me switched the light off.
04-05-2007 01:29 AM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

Light? It was only a candle! Big Grin
04-05-2007 04:14 AM
soringo Offline

RatS Wrote:Light? It was only a candle! Big Grin

Right! Smile)
04-05-2007 04:36 AM