Current time: 04-20-2024, 07:32 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RC4 -> RC3 building back?
vmpr Offline

RC4 -> RC3 building back?
Hey guys,

i have a big problem... i`ve updatet my installation from RC3 to Rc4, everything worked fine till i deleted my whole ispcp database. Do not ask why Sad i had a backup from the day before @ RC3 and insert this one, but it doesn`t work... I tried... is it possible to build back from RC4 to RC3? it was such a silly mistake Sad

who can help me with a short howto?

thanks...
04-17-2008 05:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: RC4 -> RC3 building back?
there were not many changes in the database from RC3 to RC4 - so I wonder why it's not working. And more important: what's not working?
Any logs?

Make sure you set DATABASE_REVISION to 1
(UPDATE `config` SET `value` = '1' WHERE `name` = 'DATABASE_REVISION' LIMIT 1Wink and then do the DB updates in the gui...

/J
04-17-2008 06:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vmpr Offline

the problem is that nothing is working... no vhost ( this i could fix, i have created a new vhost and after this, all the others are working too, all the other domains too... ) but the emailaccounts are not working, nobody can authenticate with the mailserver. i can delete the old one and create them new but that is no solutions... i can`t know if there are other bugs now in the system.
I have installed RC4 and alle worked fine and then i have execed this one:
"/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/ispcp-setup"
Don`t ask me why ... it was a mistake.
Can`t I rollback this script with another?

Sorry for the bad language... I hope u can understand it...
04-17-2008 10:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Well, most of the important files are backed up (up to ten backups - keep an eye on this, or better make a copy of them).

But you need to restore one part after another and since it's not sure what has been overwritten then it's hard if you don't know the system or the config files ispcp is using very well...

If you want, you can send one of us login data so we could try to fix this directly - with a summary. Just send a pm.
04-18-2008 07:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply