Current time: 04-19-2024, 01:27 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

proftpd DOWN?
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: proftpd DOWN?
Quote:If you are using LoadModule, the error message may look like:

LoadModule: error loading module 'mod_sql_mysql.c': permission denied on line 65 of proftpd.conf

Check the libexec/ directory where you installed proftpd, to see if the appropriate .la and/or .so files are present. Then check your dynamic loader configuration file (e.g. /etc/ld.so.conf on Linux) and make sure that the libexec/ directory is configured, so that the dynamic loader knows to look in the correct locations. Note that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and/or LD_RUN_PATH environment variables may also be used to inform the dynamic loader of proftpd's libexec/ directory.
04-26-2008 08:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GooCarlos Offline

I was careful reading.
04-26-2008 08:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

GooCarlos Wrote:I was careful reading.

I hope so!

The modules should be installed in /usr/libexec/proftpd how do the permissions look like?

I don't know how redhat is managing the library things - maybe run a "ldconfig".

Maybe this helps finding the problem. Stop proftpd (ok, should be stopped since it's not running) and start like this

proftpd -n -d 5

or 9 instead of 5 - you'll get alot of debug output - I hope you find more infos

/J
04-26-2008 08:22 PM
GooCarlos Offline

I have / usr / libexec / proftpd directory, to find the relevant. So files.

I do not know how to do the next.
04-26-2008 08:41 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Ok, I had a look at the server.
GooCarlos installed mysql 5 (from mysql downloads) but the proftpd-mysql he also installed ist linked to mysql 4.
So, I think he either should use mysql 4 (maybe the originals by redhat) or look for a proftpd-mysql which is linked to mysql 5.

Maybe others can help here - I have to go...

Upd: since he cannot downgrade MySQL to 4 I think the only solution is to find proft 1 proftp-mysql which runs with MySQL 5.

/J
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2008 09:20 PM by joximu.)
04-26-2008 09:16 PM