Current time: 05-18-2024, 02:00 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

trouble with nameservers
ergo Offline

trouble with nameservers
hello i had ispCP set up on my VPS.

Right now ive migrated all my sites to new machine from old cpanel account.

And received an email from administration with ip names of nameservers i should set up.

Now i understand i cant do it via panel ? only commandline ?

can someone point me or tell me the most easy way to do it ?

http://www.isp-control.net/documentation...nameserver

is this the right thing im looking at ?

im on debian lenny btw.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2008 09:18 PM by ergo.)
05-06-2008 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
weblivehelp Offline

RE: trouble with nameservers
When you install ispCP you are requested to give the nameservers (the installation is via commandline), is that what you're asking?
05-06-2008 09:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ergo Offline

the panell was installed for me - im not sure if those were provided, or provided correctly. where can i find that information ? but basicly yes, i think i need to set the ip's and names for nameserver right ? i just dont know how yet.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2008 09:37 PM by ergo.)
05-06-2008 09:36 PM
weblivehelp Offline

Can you get to your ispCP installation? If you can, probably it's setup correctly.
If you can't, the problem can be in the domain dns with your registrar (for example, eNom or GoDaddy) or in the ispcp configuration, check /var/cache/bind/ do you have a file there like "yourdomain.tld.db" ?
05-06-2008 09:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ergo Offline

weblivehelp Wrote:Can you get to your ispCP installation? If you can, probably it's setup correctly.
If you can't, the problem can be in the domain dns with your registrar (for example, eNom or GoDaddy) or in the ispcp configuration, check /var/cache/bind/ do you have a file there like "yourdomain.tld.db" ?

I can it works, but i'd like to know more what works where and how, so i can bug you ppl less ;-)
05-06-2008 10:03 PM
weblivehelp Offline

I'm sorry but I think it's best if you refer to documentation or open another topic for that, because if you're not having trouble with your nameservers, this topic doesn't make sense to continue
05-07-2008 06:50 PM
Zothos Offline
Release Manager
Dev Team

ispcp is not a "install and forgett" software....

if you want to use a domain with ispcp e.g the customer domain -> mydomain.com. Then you have to configure the domain according to your server. These configuration is located at your domain hoster e.g uniteddomains or something. You have to set the nameserver of mydomain.com to the nameserver provided my ispcp OR just add a wildcard entry * IN A (ipadress of your server) in these configuration of your domain hoster. Then its also working.
05-07-2008 07:05 PM
ergo Offline

well, seems the person that installed my panel provided the correct nameservers during install - before my vps went live after 2 months...

after all all went ok after i changed my dns in my domain panel for nameservers.

the problem is what happens when i switch my hosting company? i will have other ip's for nameservers ? where do i enter those? those are the things i didint know :] and i could not understand the docs on that. maybe thats trivial but not for someone who doesnt have experience with hosting and linux.
05-07-2008 08:18 PM
weblivehelp Offline

If you switch your hosting company the only problem you'll have is the ip for the domain, you can find those files in /etc/apache2/* and /var/cache/bind/* I think that's about it.

For further information about these files I think you should visit apache and bind forums/sites
05-07-2008 08:53 PM