Current time: 04-27-2024, 01:49 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Disable mail for a domain
DocRyan Offline

Disable mail for a domain
Hi

How do I disable mail for a domain?

Some of our customers host mail other places, so they do not use mail in ispcp. I have the set mails to -1 on there account, but Postfix still get the domain as local domain. So others that uses the server as smtp can't send mails to them. Is this a bug or is there a way to disable mail for an account?

/ryan
05-08-2008 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KeNt Offline

RE: Disable mail for a domain
nano /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains
comment domain
cp /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains /etc/ispcp/postfix/working
cd /etc/postfix/ispcp
postmap domains

Enjoy!

p.s. I want to do this by mouse. Maybe this feature will be realesed in 1.0 or 1.1 ?

[Joxi] see post 23 down...
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2010 07:47 PM by joximu.)
05-08-2008 08:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
botum Offline

This worked great!

I just wanted to add that if I have a catchall mail configured this wont work and mail will be sent to the catchall email...

My fix for this was to delete the catchall, so far, everything works right Smile
08-02-2008 04:59 AM
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

This feature should REALLY be shipped with ispCP. Not everybody will want email included in their domains so the ability to turn off email is sorely needed.
08-06-2008 12:39 PM
Spheerys Offline

I ok with BioALIEN, this should be very appreciable to can desactivate the mail directly from ispCP
12-05-2008 03:44 AM
sci2tech Away

Well, in trunk if you set mails to -1 and you have creation of default emails disabled. domain will not be added /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains. It`s added only if you have mail for this domain (think to default email address webmaster/postmaster/abuse).
12-05-2008 04:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Hi sci2tech
thanx for this enhancement.
I thought of a more flexible solution (so the customer can create the needed mail accounts an when the domain is activated/moved to the ispcp server *then* I want the entry in domsin to be valid - not before.
Reseller should be able to activate/deactivate "mail for this domain".

I'll think about a way

Cheers Joxi
12-05-2008 05:45 PM
sci2tech Away

Noted for future version. Right now lets do update script and release RC7 Smile
12-05-2008 07:19 PM
viperiii Offline

Worked like a champ on RC6... updated to RC7 and had to run through it again..

However once Implemented it worked again just like that!

Thx and excellent tip. Several sites I'm hosting and don't run mail for them at all.

In fact use ISPCP for my development sites and never use mail... would be nice to disable completely for some causes...

Not major though...

Lovin' what we have!..
01-22-2009 11:02 AM
suw Offline

(12-05-2008 07:19 PM)sci2tech Wrote:  Noted for future version. Right now lets do update script and release RC7 Smile
Hello - anyone assigned todo this?
We need to debate a little, I would be able to work a day or two to do this.

If I remember good, there was someone already who started to make some sort of DNS manual entry, to make a bunch of code just for MX is just messing arround, then in a future version the code will be kicked out.
So, if we have the option to add manual entry on dns, we could also have a note there, like: "For different MX - remember to set Mail Accounts to -1"

Another ishue is that if you had accidentally an account with MX set to > -1 and want to use different MX you have to remove the domain manually from /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains then rerun posmap domains. It would be nice if this someone can fix it.

Where are the Developer Documentation (if exists) or I'll have to go to the old way - read the code and figure out?

Anyhow I want to do this, but I don't want to work in vain, if there's still someone who's working on php/perl for DNS I could help too.

cheers
01-23-2009 09:51 PM