Current time: 05-03-2024, 08:01 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Security problem in Debian 4.0 Etch's openssl
Quemeros Offline

RE: Security problem in Debian 4.0 Etch's openssl
I don't stand a few thinks, but generally yes...
I just come, read that answer, and i take like a joke... i think that if i question how be sure to don't restart before do right, it was standing that i can't do that without problem...
If my attitude make problems with this post, sorry... but im not be here for make problems or somthing else that someone can thinkg, i trying to stand and when i know more of coding and have some time i will try to help more seriusly.
The think that isn't ispCP related i stand pefectly, sorry i just go to search some and question in another place more correct for my question.

rbtux: Thanks a lot man! Big Grin ... i just try to create another ssh inteface, or first try hard the restart in a virtual OS Smile
05-21-2008 03:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ispcomm Offline

Ok... I probably overreacted. Shame to me.

Just follow what kilburn said and you won't have any problems. it's a minor fix, not a major upgrade.

ispcomm.
05-21-2008 04:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rbtux Offline
Moderators

@ispcomm:

well when just reading his post and don't take in credit his poor english, make the post look rude... I don't think that it was meant like it reads...
05-21-2008 05:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:rbtux: Thanks a lot man! Big Grin ... i just try to create another ssh inteface, or first try hard the restart in a virtual OS Smile

rbtux, I can't see your solution in the posts, did you pm him?

Quote:i think that if i question how be sure to don't restart before do right, it was standing that i can't do that without problem...

What you didn't understand is that your currently stablished ssh connections are not closed when you restart sshd, even if you've changed the key. That's why I said

Kilburn Wrote:... try to open a new ssh session ...

If it doesn't work, you still have the previously opened connection to fix the problem, so no physical access to the server (wich most of us don't have).

Cheers.
05-21-2008 07:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply