Current time: 05-18-2024, 12:04 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ispCP and CentOS = this_sucks
obey Offline

ispCP and CentOS = this_sucks
i had some serious errors with the install instructions under docs/CentOS/INSTALL
first, the url courier should be downloaded from isn't existent.
then... centOS handles all apache files under /etc/httpd. the created tmp files are under /etc/apache2 which is debian-style.
third.. the "chkconfig --levels 3 6 ispcp_daemon on && chkconfig --levels 3 6 ispcp_network on" command is wrong syntax and not supported by ispcp_daemon...

it seems there is a lot of work to do....

nevertheless i managed to set it up. but if i try to log into the controlpanel it won't go to the start screen. all i get is the login-screen again. the strange thing about this, is that the session for the admin users exists (if i try to log in again it says: duplicate entry for... so the session is written to the db)
and the login-notification-mail is sent. so...it seems everything works fine except the gui.

any suggestions?
my customer is getting tired and angry for having a sysadmin work so long on a simple control panel installation and asks me already for another cp...

thx in advance
andy
06-02-2008 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jmeyerdo Offline

RE: ispCP and CentOS = this_sucks
obey Wrote:it seems there is a lot of work to do....
Yes, this is known very well...
Actually the only Linux-OS ispCP is optimized for is Debian. Even it is possible to run ispCP with CentOS it is not working out of the box.

I would suggest that there are more adaptions necessary than the few described by you...

To your problem: Please check the logs of the webserver and the suexec.log. From my memory I would suggest that there are problems with the phptmp-directory (user-rights/permissions) and the session-handling is not working.

Kind regards, Jens
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2008 08:15 PM by jmeyerdo.)
06-02-2008 08:14 PM
gOOvER Offline
Banned

ispCP is developed under Debian. Why you don't use Debian, when your customer is allready angry?

Sorry, but ispCP only works out-of-the-Box under Debian.
06-02-2008 08:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
obey Offline

gOOvER Wrote:ispCP is developed under Debian. Why you don't use Debian, when your customer is allready angry?

because CentOS is the distribution he wants to have....
06-02-2008 08:39 PM
obey Offline

solved!

it was indeed a user/permission problem with the phptmp.
thx a lot to jmeyerdo for helping me opening my eyes Wink

nevertheless, the install instructions have to be worked over.. Wink
i could help you out, if you like.

greets
06-02-2008 09:19 PM
motokochan Offline

Hate to revive this topic, but I'm actually working on making sure everything works under CentOS then I'll be submitting updates to fix the install docs.

To get things working, I used the Fedora instructions with a few minor variations. The only thing I'm stuck on right now is suExec issues. I tested and everything else seems to be working great.
07-01-2008 02:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply