Current time: 04-17-2024, 07:34 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[BIG FYI] if you cannot ping or access outside of server
brianhenson Offline

[BIG FYI] if you cannot ping or access outside of server
If you cannot ping or access anything outside of the 127.0.0.1 address space run this command.
Code:
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
This must be in place to allow communication. But due to the code using iptables for traffic management and their refusal to add this rule you must do it your self. Debian by default (at least on my etch box) had a default deny rule that killed any communication not allowed by a rule. This is to fix issues with the isp_network daemon.
06-04-2008 01:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: [BIG FYI] if you cannot ping or access outside of server
Did you installed the Debian your self or was this just an Image ??
Never had such a problem per default on Debian Sarge/Etch.

Greez BeNe
06-04-2008 03:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brianhenson Offline

RE: [BIG FYI] if you cannot ping or access outside of server
Yes I installed it myself. Opened a bug report 2 times and it was closed by rats with a wontfix notation. I could access the system perfectly before installing ispcp and when I installed it (followed directions to the letter) it locked all traffic out and i had to go to console. Traced it down to the iptables blocking all traffic that was related or established because it did not have that rule in its rule file. As soon as i added it, it worked as designed. I recomended on the bug report to add just one rule and it was closed very promptly. This problem has been seen on this forum under the name of cant ping cant resolve ip/dns, dns not found, at least 6 posts i found had this same issue but no fix. Just my 2c so others won't have the same issue due to coding flaw/debian policy.
06-05-2008 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply