Current time: 04-25-2024, 06:23 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: do you want alias autoadd option instead of reseler's approval ? [permitted]
This poll is closed.
yeah 33.33% 1 33.33%
no 66.67% 2 66.67%
Total 3 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

alias autoadd
artkiller Offline

alias autoadd
Hello there,
I feel uncomfortable having to approve every alias addded by a user, is there any chance to get rid of this ? Any mod/hack available ? Please help, this bacame real trouble as i have to leave for vocations and wont be able to manage my users (more than 120 customers). i would like that aliases get automatically added without reseler's care. please help

p.s. i am running debian lenny and rc3 , tuned to use mod_php instead of fcgi.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2008 08:02 AM by artkiller.)
06-11-2008 07:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
platzwart Offline

RE: alias autoadd
hi,

this is needed for security reasons! and if you don't controll your system for a couple of days, a customer might use this security-hole in a very easy way...
06-11-2008 12:54 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Actions: A malicious user adds an alias for a domain he doesn't own (ie: gmail.com) and then adds a catchall mail account to it.
Result: Any mail your customers send to a "whatever@gmail.com" account is delivered to the mailicious user catchall account.

So no, there is no way to disable this security feature, sorry.
06-11-2008 04:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
artkiller Offline

this is really bad that isp-control can't work as fully automated system Sad
06-11-2008 07:01 PM
artkiller Offline

in 21 centery everything going to be automated, man drinks beer, computers work Smile. also i think isp-control lacks api for autouseradd functionality .
06-11-2008 07:16 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

No system can work fully automated, that's why sysadmins exist. It seems that you want to earn money for doing nothing Tongue
06-11-2008 07:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
artkiller Offline

it's better doing nothing than pressing approve alias, man. i do lot of sysadmin works but sometimes it's really annoying to check new alias orders . that's not a work for sysadmin anyway . russian internet grows very fast and if you lack automation you lose points due such delays . sure we could use some commercial product that has all required features, but here we have another problem - low budget Big Grin
06-11-2008 07:24 PM
egor Offline

kilburn: first of all, thanks for the tip. I have a reseller account ispCP Omega, which means I can approve my aliases myself. Hence, this approval thing does not add too much security - many people have reseller accounts. And on many hosting providers it's more than easy to get a reseller account. Thus, many people can still abuse the system.

If a reseller can be trusted enough to be able to add and approve accounts without further approval from the owner of the server, I do not understand why some specified users can not be trusted.
06-11-2008 08:59 PM
Quemeros Offline

I think this is a good enchantment, if you could activate reseller by reseller, then you can autoadd in your/trusted resellers-accounts... BUT with another thing: Adding place to create a deny list for the autoadd...
In that way, security is included... it's just not the same, but it could works.
06-11-2008 11:22 PM
artkiller Offline

Cool RE: alias autoadd
Quemeros Wrote:I think this is a good enchantment, if you could activate reseller by reseller, then you can autoadd in your/trusted resellers-accounts... BUT with another thing: Adding place to create a deny list for the autoadd...
In that way, security is included... it's just not the same, but it could works.

sounds cool
06-11-2008 11:27 PM