Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:00 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

stable release
fulltilt Offline

stable release
using :cool:hcs 2.4.7 on 3 servers ...
one system is very bad and slow and its time to setup a new system ..
I know that RC1 is not for use in production system now ... but i only host my own projects on this server ...
My question:
Better waiting for the stable release or go on with my old (damaged) system now?
When did you think is a stable release possible and if i install RC1 is it possible to integrate my old :cool:hcs 2.4.7 webs and upgrade to stable if released?

regards
04-11-2007 08:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: stable release
pls wait a few days - right now there're a lot of changes ongoing in the svn.

But rc2 is then only a few days away i think - so you can expect a stable release in perhaps 3-4 weeks from now on.
But only if everything works right now Smile as always.

I know a lot of people are using rc1 in production systems - i formyself do the same.
I 'd recommend you to wait a few days and then get a vps or vmware machine and test everything there.
We'll plan to have a Vhcs 2.4.7.1 -> ispCP 1.0 migration utility ready when we're releasing the stable version.
04-11-2007 08:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fulltilt Offline

RE: stable release
thanks for answering,

thats good to know :-)

regards

ephigenie Wrote:pls wait a few days - right now there're a lot of changes ongoing in the svn.

But rc2 is then only a few days away i think - so you can expect a stable release in perhaps 3-4 weeks from now on.
But only if everything works right now Smile as always.

I know a lot of people are using rc1 in production systems - i formyself do the same.
I 'd recommend you to wait a few days and then get a vps or vmware machine and test everything there.
We'll plan to have a Vhcs 2.4.7.1  ->  ispCP 1.0 migration utility ready when we're releasing the stable version.
04-11-2007 08:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply