Current time: 04-20-2024, 06:03 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Google Apps
wb6vpm Offline

RE: Google Apps
sorry, maybe I mis-explained, what I want to do is to make sure that ispCP does not create new users in postfix again, and I then have to go in and redo half of what I did every time I create a new domain. (I understand that I/my customer will have to go to Google and do it manually)
07-02-2008 02:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:better wording, how do i force it to change the settings for current domains?

Use the docs, young padawan: Howto regenerate the config files

Quote:sorry, maybe I mis-explained, what I want to do is to make sure that ispCP does not create new users in postfix again, and I then have to go in and redo half of what I did every time I create a new domain. (I understand that I/my customer will have to go to Google and do it manually)

Just set the mail accounts limit to 0 for all your plans Wink
07-02-2008 03:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wb6vpm Offline

kilburn Wrote:
Quote:better wording, how do i force it to change the settings for current domains?

Use the docs, young padawan: Howto regenerate the config files

yeah, i just did it by hand Tongue but thanks for that Big Grin
Quote:sorry, maybe I mis-explained, what I want to do is to make sure that ispCP does not create new users in postfix again, and I then have to go in and redo half of what I did every time I create a new domain. (I understand that I/my customer will have to go to Google and do it manually)

Just set the mail accounts limit to 0 for all your plans Wink

doesnt setting it to 0, just make it unlimited (oh, I believe you mean -1)
07-02-2008 03:13 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Right, I meant limit to 0 accounts, wich happens to be a "limit: -1" in ispcp Wink
07-02-2008 03:16 AM
wb6vpm Offline

however, how does that prevent the system from thinking that they are still local to the machine?
07-02-2008 03:21 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Good point. This only prevents your users adding e-mail accounts to the server (usability thing: they won't be used anyways).

If ALL your hosted domains are going to use google-handled mails, you may change the postfix virtual domain tables to always-empty versions:

/etc/postfix/main.cf
Code:
virtual_mailbox_domains      = hash:/etc/postfix/ispcp/domains-empty
virtual_mailbox_maps         = hash:/etc/postfix/ispcp/mailboxes-empty

And then execute:

Code:
touch /etc/postfix/ispcp/{domains,mailboxes}-empty
postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/{domains,mailboxes}-empty
/etc/init.d/postfix force-reload

Keep this mod in mind because if "main.cf" is ever regenerated (ispcp update) you'll have to re-apply it.
07-02-2008 03:40 AM
wb6vpm Offline

ok, just to make sure, so as long as I do not do an actual code update, (i.e. upgrade ispCP) that will not change, even after adding a new domain.
07-02-2008 03:47 AM
wb6vpm Offline

once i have this all done and working, i will create a howto on this
07-02-2008 04:27 AM
wb6vpm Offline

kilburn Wrote:Good point. This only prevents your users adding e-mail accounts to the server (usability thing: they won't be used anyways).

If ALL your hosted domains are going to use google-handled mails, you may change the postfix virtual domain tables to always-empty versions:

/etc/postfix/main.cf
Code:
virtual_mailbox_domains      = hash:/etc/postfix/ispcp/domains-empty
virtual_mailbox_maps         = hash:/etc/postfix/ispcp/mailboxes-empty

And then execute:

Code:
touch /etc/postfix/ispcp/{domains,mailboxes}-empty
postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/{domains,mailboxes}-empty
/etc/init.d/postfix force-reload

Keep this mod in mind because if "main.cf" is ever regenerated (ispcp update) you'll have to re-apply it.

doesn't work, when I create a new domain, all the default email addresses are generated as normal.
07-02-2008 06:58 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Disable default address creation:

-) Login to ispcp as admin
-) Go to settings
-) Under "Email Settings" there's a "Create default E-Mail addresses" option, set it to disabled.
-) Save

No more default email address generation (never tested this option myself though)....
07-02-2008 04:48 PM