Current time: 05-18-2024, 09:30 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Instant domain-error.log
tassoman Offline

Instant domain-error.log
Hi all... Today i was debugging http errors on customer's domain.
His domain-error.log was empty while i could tail -f instantly /var/log/apache2/users/domain-error.log by shell as root.

Are them different files? How can I teach him to learn by his faults if his error.log still empty?

Tongue
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2008 02:17 AM by tassoman.)
07-04-2008 02:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cube Offline

RE: Instant domain-error.log
The logs are copied to his directory once a day by cron. That's bad and was already discussed in other threads. There were also suggestions for quick solutions, but at the moment the devs are working on a completely new logging system based on MySQL.
07-04-2008 06:08 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Cube Wrote:... but at the moment the devs are working on a completely new logging system based on MySQL.

May I ask who's working on this? AFAIK there was a discussion about best approaches but noone has got his hands dirty. If I'm wrong I'd like to contact him...
07-04-2008 07:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cube Offline

Ephigenie mentioned in some threads that he will implement something and AFAIK this is the main reason why the other solutions were not followed.
07-04-2008 08:00 AM
tassoman Offline

Would'nt be mysql overloaded? Would'nt be enough setting two error logs at time into sites-available/ispcp.conf ?
07-04-2008 05:18 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

The current logfile approach is inherently flawed, as apache uses WAY too much open files to do this job, which is known to cause trouble when your number of hosted domains grows high.

Mysql would solve this and would make it easier to deploy setups involving multiple machines (this is the envisioned upgrade path for ispcp), but as you quickly noted, it is an overkill for single-system setups.

There was a lot of discussion about this in the past (you should find the thread if you search hard enough).
07-05-2008 02:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply