Current time: 05-08-2024, 05:50 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

nightly installer bug (SOLVED)
nuno Offline

nightly installer bug (SOLVED)
Yes i know this have not your suport, but the last 5 days i can´t do run ispcp well! Today for last time i want try the last svn and VOILA again no work! I am in bad luck perhaps how know's

Code:
server:/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup# perl ./ispcp-setup
Global symbol "$other_rk_log" requires explicit package name at ispcp-setup-methods.pl line 1118.
Compilation failed in require at ./ispcp-setup line 37.

Fresh debian etch
Last nightly ispcp-omega-trunk-20080704.tar.bz2

just to you know
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2008 06:22 AM by nuno.)
07-05-2008 07:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nuno Offline

RE: nightly installer bug
one more

after i #that line last topic i get this:

Code:
Starting Installation...
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ispcp-setup line 247, <STDIN> line 14.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/../ispcp_common_methods.pl line 1876.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/../ispcp_common_methods.pl line 1876.
07-05-2008 07:54 AM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

try tonight's nightly build; I fixed them yesterday!
07-05-2008 11:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nuno Offline

RatS Wrote:try tonight's nightly build; I fixed them yesterday!

yeah ok,
at least you is sympathetic, as opposed to someone who spoke yesterday in irc!
we will see from now on...
07-05-2008 11:54 PM
nuno Offline

nuno Wrote:
RatS Wrote:try tonight's nightly build; I fixed them yesterday!

yeah ok,
at least you is sympathetic, as opposed to someone who spoke yesterday in irc!
we will see from now on...

this is frustation
http://www.isp-control.net/downloads/sna...29.tar.bz2
after insttall
in brwoser: admin.foo.com
Code:
Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/reseller-functions.php on line 198
07-06-2008 10:15 PM
Zothos Offline
Release Manager
Dev Team

trunk snapshots arent supposed to work! if you want to use ispcp take a rc version. If you want to help us with some tests, then take a dev snapshpt!....
07-06-2008 11:28 PM
nuno Offline

Zothos Wrote:trunk snapshots arent supposed to work! if you want to use ispcp take a rc version. If you want to help us with some tests, then take a dev snapshpt!....

http://www.isp-control.net/download.html
06/07/2008

is not in where "dev snapshpt"?
07-06-2008 11:41 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

From the download page:

Quote:Unstable releases
ispCP Omega 1.0.0 RC5

Click here to download ispCP Omega 1.0.0 RC5 from Sourceforge.net
Please test this release as much as you can, but be aware that this is a UNSTABLE release. Not recommended to use in production environments. Submit new bugs to the tracker.

So there are no STABLE releases yet and we do not recommend anyone to use ispcp in production. If you understand what this means and want to use it anyways, the only "supported" releases are RC ones (click the link).

Quote:Daily Snapshots
Please be aware that this downloads are the HEAD branch of the actual development which means, they can be highly unstable. There's absolutely NO SUPPORT for these versions. You've been warned!

The nighly snapshots are for developers and/or highly experiencied admins as some things will be broken and we don't offer any support on those.

Final note

No stable release means that the most probable thing is that you'll have problems. If you want software that "just works" please wait for the stable release... we don't want you to end with a bad feeling about ispcp.
07-07-2008 12:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nuno Offline

kilburn Wrote:From the download page:

Quote:Unstable releases
ispCP Omega 1.0.0 RC5

Click here to download ispCP Omega 1.0.0 RC5 from Sourceforge.net
Please test this release as much as you can, but be aware that this is a UNSTABLE release. Not recommended to use in production environments. Submit new bugs to the tracker.

So there are no STABLE releases yet and we do not recommend anyone to use ispcp in production. If you understand what this means and want to use it anyways, the only "supported" releases are RC ones (click the link).

Quote:Daily Snapshots
Please be aware that this downloads are the HEAD branch of the actual development which means, they can be highly unstable. There's absolutely NO SUPPORT for these versions. You've been warned!

The nighly snapshots are for developers and/or highly experiencied admins as some things will be broken and we don't offer any support on those.

Final note

No stable release means that the most probable thing is that you'll have problems. If you want software that "just works" please wait for the stable release... we don't want you to end with a bad feeling about ispcp.

LOL i know you no support this, is dev version, n.p. but you want for sure from ppl test and test and test, debug , debug and debug, that's correct?
i know all this, ok, i'm a member a dev-team from one community open sorce (cms) I know what it all means, but like @Zothos tell me should work last trunk Snapshots

you know why this error I mentioned ?

good woork then, by what I advise that I have been reading in the forum about support is more patience!
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2008 12:34 AM by nuno.)
07-07-2008 12:23 AM
sci2tech Away

Try to always use last svn trunk is you want to help debugging. r1260 (07/04/08 10:51:21) fixed the installer bug and in trunk was already fixed when you opened this thread. Expect to find bugs and if you find you can use bug trucker to signal that. As far as I observed once one bug is signaled is repaired in 1-2 days. From what I tested last trunk is usable 90% (10% I did not test Smile )
07-07-2008 02:38 AM