Current time: 04-24-2024, 02:33 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

(SOLVED) NS2 confirm question
nuno Offline

(SOLVED) NS2 confirm question
I read in forum various situations to take a second ns (but lost me) and I do not want to make mistake i want to confirm first, so, i just put a ip in the second in SECONDARY_DNS_IP (/etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf) and run this (http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/wiki/ho...fig_files) is that everything (all domains) with 2 ns and 2 ips, this is correct?

thanks for your time btw Smile
Nuno

UPDATE____

Just tell me YES or No please!
Is a bit urgent btw (i don't "wanted" install again ispcp for 2 ns)

UPDATE2____
BUMMP

UPDATE3____
well, how dificul is you guys telme YES or NOT?
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2008 03:48 AM by nuno.)
07-15-2008 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aseques Offline
Dev Team

RE: NS2 confirm question
Well, you MUST have an actives secondari DNS that is acting as a slave for the domains you are trying to backup.
If you have a secondary DNS under your control and properly configured, it'll be OK
07-16-2008 05:39 PM
nuno Offline

aseques Wrote:Well, you MUST have an actives secondari DNS that is acting as a slave for the domains you are trying to backup.
If you have a secondary DNS under your control and properly configured, it'll be OK

Hi aseques,
What I wanted was put a secund IP to be more precise, because after my server to be the whole set goes up and working well, i knowed one of domain registrars obliged me to submit 2 ips and 2 name servers, so we bought another ip and is already on the server, now that would only know if I can put in ispcp.conf and run that link he config all my domains.
07-16-2008 08:50 PM
Cube Offline

You have both nameserver IPs on the same server, did I understand you right? That's not how it's meant to be.
07-16-2008 09:21 PM
nuno Offline

Cube Wrote:You have both nameserver IPs on the same server, did I understand you right? That's not how it's meant to be.

well i do not believe that most hosting companies have 2 servers but one with 2 ips, or second ip is for something else?
07-16-2008 09:52 PM
aseques Offline
Dev Team

The second IP is, for redundacy, if your first nameserver goes down, your domains, can be resolved with the 2nd one.
Putting 2 different ips to the same server is pointless, if your domain register ask for two namservers, you can create them pointing to the same IP and the result will be the same, but cheaper ...
07-16-2008 10:18 PM
Cube Offline

Quote:The DNS specification and domain name registration rules require at least two servers for every zone.
Source: RFC2182
These rules do not exist for fun.

If you pretend, that you have two nameservers, but have only one, that's worse than having only one. If you believe it or not, most hosting companies have two or more nameservers. There are even free secondary providers, so where's the problem?
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2008 11:17 PM by Cube.)
07-16-2008 11:15 PM
nuno Offline

Cube Wrote:
Quote:The DNS specification and domain name registration rules require at least two servers for every zone.
Source: RFC2182
These rules do not exist for fun.

If you pretend, that you have two nameservers, but have only one, that's worse than having only one. If you believe it or not, most hosting companies have two or more nameservers. There are even free secondary providers, so where's the problem?

fast question:

SECONDARY_DNS = if for some ip or for some ns.foo.net
is for IP correct?

thaks

UPDATE--
okay i know now is for IP Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2008 03:05 AM by nuno.)
07-17-2008 02:46 AM