Current time: 04-23-2024, 07:35 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ispCP Omega release candidate or vhcs stable ?
bogdanflorin Offline

ispCP Omega release candidate or vhcs stable ?
Hello,

I am in doubt whether to use ispCP Omega rc5 or vhcs 2.4.7.1 on a production server. The production server will not handle many users at the beginning, at most 10 users in the first month.
I installed a ispCP Omega on test server, and it worked but I had very small problems like proftpd failing to start with a ipv4 getaddr failed message (i solved this by adding the hostname to /etc/hosts), then I had a problem
with the database at the upgrade from rc4 to rc5.
I would like to know your advice .. whether ispCP Omega in the current stage won't break so bad in a production environment .. should I use the current version of icpCP Omega or vhcs 2.4.7.1 ? Or should I wait until the stable version of ispCP is released ?

Thank You
07-24-2008 06:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FeG Offline
Banned

RE: ispCP Omega release candidate or vhcs stable ?
Hi bogdanflorin,

I used ispCP for one year now on a production server (since RC2) and never had any bigger problems, even with modifications like installing mailman and switching to a https login.
It is of course not 'guaranteed stable', but since you don't need to switch immidiately to a new RC / to the final version, you can wait for others to update and check that no errors appear. Furthermore you'll have backups to restore the last version while upgrading.

So I'd suppose to use ispCP Omega RC5...

Greetings
FeG
07-24-2008 06:36 AM
sci2tech Away

Is not yet stable, but ISPCP is MUCH better then VHCS. I do manage a server based on ISPCP with 269 registered users, without having problems (using mod_php instead fastcgi). Still remember until a stable release is available, expect to find problems. If you follow timeline you`ll see how can be solved. And ISPCP community is fantastic and it will help you solve encountered problems.
Also I`ll advice you to use RC5a
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2008 06:43 AM by sci2tech.)
07-24-2008 06:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bogdanflorin Offline

Thank you for the advices.
Is there any estimate for the release date of the first stable version ?
07-24-2008 09:23 PM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

just take a look at the tracker.

generally it's done when it's done.
07-24-2008 09:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply