Current time: 05-04-2024, 09:09 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Admin password problem
mchaggis Offline

Admin password problem
I'm sure I'll get shot down as a suspected hacker, but I assure you that this is not the case.

I installed and configured a box at the beginning of the month and chose to put ispcp on it. The problem I face is that last week my laptop died and took with it my password database and as this was a recent box, I have not yet had the passwords tatoo'd to the inners of my eyelids yet.

Is there a command (obviously I would hope you have to be root) that will allow me to reset the admin password for ispcp?
08-19-2008 12:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

RE: Admin password problem
mchaggis Wrote:I'm sure I'll get shot down as a suspected hacker, but I assure you that this is not the case.

I installed and configured a box at the beginning of the month and chose to put ispcp on it. The problem I face is that last week my laptop died and took with it my password database and as this was a recent box, I have not yet had the passwords tatoo'd to the inners of my eyelids yet.

Is there a command (obviously I would hope you have to be root) that will allow me to reset the admin password for ispcp?

If you know mysql root password you can replace in database admin password with md5 generated from a new password.
08-19-2008 02:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mchaggis Offline

sci2tech Wrote:
mchaggis Wrote:I'm sure I'll get shot down as a suspected hacker, but I assure you that this is not the case.

If you know mysql root password you can replace in database admin password with md5 generated from a new password.

Cheers for your response, the root mysql password is in the same file. It's frustrsating as I can remember a couple of the passwords, but not the correct format. If there is no way other than a database update then I shall have to try and reset the MySQL password. In doing this, should I be aware of any ispcp settings being boken in the process?
08-19-2008 03:31 AM
sci2tech Away

http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-mysql-password.shtml and instead reseting mysql password (you will break ispcp installation if you do this), reset admin password in database.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2008 04:06 AM by sci2tech.)
08-19-2008 04:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mchaggis Offline

sci2tech Wrote:http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-mysql-password.shtml and instead reseting mysql password (you will break ispcp installation if you do this), reset admin password in database.

Many thanks for your help on this... I'm in and can finish getting the server setup and ready. I will confess that I had forgotten the method for getting into mysql without knowing the password.
08-19-2008 04:42 AM