Current time: 07-06-2024, 12:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FTP issues.
DarkSide Offline

RE: FTP issues.
sci2tech Wrote:Your proftpd.conf is not correct. Maybe you overwrite it on proftpd.conf update.
I can only tell you that it was not due to an update of any sort, this is an installation of etch on vmware which was specifically to test out RC6 with a hosts edit (hence the silly domain name (iamtesting.com) - lol). I installed etch, updated, then installed ispcp as per the guide. I will try the fix you suggest and report back when I am home in the morning Smile
09-07-2008 04:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Quote:/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf -- This is a basic ProFTPD configuration file.
So for sure it comes with an apt-get update... and you typed "Y" to overwrite the current config. But thats not that thing now. Set everthing as sci2tech said and be happy Wink

Greez BeNe
09-07-2008 05:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DarkSide Offline

BeNe Wrote:
Quote:/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf -- This is a basic ProFTPD configuration file.
So for sure it comes with an apt-get update... and you typed "Y" to overwrite the current config. But thats not that thing now. Set everthing as sci2tech said and be happy Wink

Greez BeNe

Is that the location of the ispcp produced proftpd.conf? As I have already said I only installed (on vmware) and tested this today. Update was run BEFORE installing ispcp. If it is stored elsewhere (other than /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf) then it is MY error, if not then its the installer. I am trying to help incase others experience the same issue.

I will be at home in the morning and I will reinstall from the beginning again to see if I can replicate the issue. Thanks for the replies so far Smile

PS - I am always happy Wink
09-07-2008 05:17 AM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Quote:Is that the location of the ispcp produced proftpd.conf?
Yes it is!
Quote:Update was run BEFORE installing ispcp. If it is stored elsewhere (other than /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf)
Before would be full OK. ispCP replace your /etc/proftp/proftpd.conf with the ispCP Config.
Quote:I am trying to help incase others experience the same issue.
Yeah - thanks for it.
I hope that after your reinstall everthing is fine.

Greez BeNe
09-07-2008 06:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DarkSide Offline

Success!

After being away for some time (hence the delay in replying), I had another crack at this. The same problem occurred when I reinstalled but this time the correct config file was being used which confused me at first. That was, until I tried to restart proftpd and got an error message in the output which showed me my problem. It was due to me using this on a LAN only and using host file edits to use the domain (iamtesting.com). There was an error that the server "laptopserver" was unreachable, I edited the hosts file on the server to point "laptopserver" to localhost and proftpd started without a problem Smile

In summary, different problem to the initial one but I got it fixed. Loving it and thanks for the help I recieved before Smile

Paul.
12-07-2008 11:15 PM