Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New ispCP user - help with questions....
lschafroth Offline

New ispCP user - help with questions....
I have been looking at DTC and sysCP and DTC was the winner. I however found the help at DTC to be a little sarcastic and not very helpful.

I found DTC has the features I needed but the layout was confusing.

I like the look and feel of ispCP and see a great future in this panel.

I am going to roll this into my production server even though it is not fully ready yet. I currently use CentOS and ISPconfig. This setup is very messy and about half of it actually works.

I would like to add my customers to ispCP and I have a few questions:

How and where do I add their DNS entries such as mx, cname and A records? Even if I have to do it manually from the CLI for now.

How do my users control SPAM from a IMAP client such as Outlook? I see they can do some of it in Squirrelmail but only 1 out of 10 customers use webmail. Can they do a whitelist/blacklist and/or control a SPAM imap folder? I will add custom code if I need to.

I can add the purchase option to my own site as links and forward them from there to PayPal for billing. I can wait for the maturity of ispCP as it looks great!!

Thanks!

Lannie

PS I will be using Debian Etch with ispCP. I have installed the latest nightly build. The install is SO easy.
11-05-2008 06:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: New ispCP user - help with questions....
Quote:How and where do I add their DNS entries such as mx, cname and A records?
ispCP comes this time without this feature Rolleyes
So you must do it this time by hand. We use bind9.
This feature is planned in the future but we don't know when.

Quote:How do my users control SPAM from a IMAP client such as Outlook? I see they can do some of it in Squirrelmail but only 1 out of 10 customers use webmail. Can they do a whitelist/blacklist and/or control a SPAM imap folder? I will add custom code if I need to
You can install Maia (a HowTo is in the Wiki)So the user can enable or disable the SpamFilter and set also white/blacklist whatever. Maia is TOP. I use it on my own Servers and be happy with it. 98.9% SPAM Free Smile It works behind the MTA so the IMAP is not the Problem. The Quarantäne and SPAM/NO-SPAM Vote is integreated in Maia via a Webinterface.

Quote:I can add the purchase option to my own site as links and forward them from there to PayPal for billing.
Yeah - why not ?
Quote:I will be using Debian Etch with ispCP
The best choise for ispCP and your Servers Big Grin

Greez BeNe
11-05-2008 06:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lschafroth Offline

(11-05-2008 06:41 AM)BeNe Wrote:  
Quote:How and where do I add their DNS entries such as mx, cname and A records?
ispCP comes this time without this feature Rolleyes
So you must do it this time by hand. We use bind9.
This feature is planned in the future but we don't know when.

Greez BeNe

I'm not too familiar with bind9 files. I currently use GoDaddy for the domain registration. Should I use them for DNS or would I still be better off manually adding them to my server and use it as the DNS server? (This is what I preferee but can ue GoDaddy if I have too)

I dont quite understand the structure of the Bind9 setup. Will the DNS patch I found on the site still work with the latest nightly builds?

Lannie
11-06-2008 02:53 AM
lschafroth Offline

(11-05-2008 06:41 AM)BeNe Wrote:  You can install Maia (a HowTo is in the Wiki)So the user can enable or disable the SpamFilter and set also white/blacklist whatever. Maia is TOP. I use it on my own Servers and be happy with it. 98.9% SPAM Free Smile It works behind the MTA so the IMAP is not the Problem. The Quarantäne and SPAM/NO-SPAM Vote is integreated in Maia via a Webinterface.

Greez BeNe

I installed Maia and it is very nice. I have a few questions on it. ( I know this is ispCP forum, not maia)

Is there a way to make a black/grey theme default on maia to get the same look and feel similar to ispCP?

While a user is using Outlook and Webmail and get s known SPAM email, how do they report that to maia for processing?

Lannie
11-06-2008 06:33 AM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Quote:Is there a way to make a black/grey theme default on maia to get the same look and feel similar to ispCP?
Yes there is one - but this has still Errors and we need to clear if we releas it so or not.

Quote:While a user is using Outlook and Webmail and get s known SPAM email, how do they report that to maia for processing?
The Login with their e-Mailadress and set the NonSPAM Mail to SPAM.
Maia learn it and will make it better the next time.

Greez BeNe
11-06-2008 04:29 PM
lschafroth Offline

(11-06-2008 04:29 PM)BeNe Wrote:  
Quote:While a user is using Outlook and Webmail and get s known SPAM email, how do they report that to maia for processing?
The Login with their e-Mailadress and set the NonSPAM Mail to SPAM.
Maia learn it and will make it better the next time.

Greez BeNe

So they have to logout of their Outlook and login to the maia then change the email status, then logout of maia then go back to Outlook?

Cant they simply move it to a spam folder and have maia process this folder? With this many steps I dont see users reporting spam at all. They will simply delete it.

Lannie
11-07-2008 12:35 AM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

No! Why logout of Outlook, the can stay in all the time ??
The only login into Maia and check the Mail if they are correct or not.
But you can also enable it via e-Mail. Means they get an e-Mail with the Status that Maia set (HAM or SPAM)for the Mails.So they only need to click on to the link in the e-Mail and it is confirmed. Or they automaticly get logged in with the Link in the Mail if there is a wrong status

I don´t know a SPAM Folder Solution in Maia this time. Maia make more a less a copy of the Mail for later Mark as SPAM or HAM and send the Original to the Users Inbox.

Greez BeNe
11-07-2008 05:51 AM
lschafroth Offline

(11-07-2008 05:51 AM)BeNe Wrote:  No! Why logout of Outlook, the can stay in all the time ??
The only login into Maia and check the Mail if they are correct or not.
But you can also enable it via e-Mail. Means they get an e-Mail with the Status that Maia set (HAM or SPAM)for the Mails.So they only need to click on to the link in the e-Mail and it is confirmed.
Greez BeNe

ahhh. I see. That is perfect. They get an email from the maia system. This is similar to how the Merak Email system worked I had before and it was very nice.

This is great!

Lannie
11-08-2008 04:56 AM