Current time: 04-20-2024, 10:17 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How to remove/omit mail-config
Metatron Offline

How to remove/omit mail-config
Hy;

I'm supposed to host just the web-service of a domain, the mail-server and other services are on other machines. Is it possible to omit the setup of the mail-server for the given domain (by for example setting mail-users to -1)?

I also would like to know how to revert an existing configuration for not being used as the mails destination-server.

Google starts to give anoyingly meaningless results, also because I don't know the exact term of the configuration above. You may describe me which configs I would have to fix manualy though - if it's not possible through standard ispCP.

I'm using RC4
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2008 06:07 AM by Metatron.)
08-20-2008 06:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Metatron Offline

RE: How to remove/omit mail-config
I searched a bit.

- changing /etc/postfix/ispcp/transport does not help (after postmap and service-restart of course)
- putting a higher priority MX in /var/named/chroot/var/named/domain.db does not help (after service-restart of course)
- putting the destination IP of mail (subdomain) in the same file does not help

Ah, I'm on fedora 5.
08-20-2008 07:10 AM
Metatron Offline

Okay, it helped the brute force:

- remove the domain from /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains

Nothing else is necesary, no local DNS is asked, makes the first hop, leaves the system.

Now the question: How is it possible to prevent that ispCP is creating the whole postfix-configuration at all? Because the next time I create a domain, my config gets removed again.
08-20-2008 07:25 AM
Cube Offline

Quote:How is it possible to prevent that ispCP is creating the whole postfix-configuration at all?
This is not possible yet.

Quote:Because the next time I create a domain, my config gets removed again.
http://www.isp-control.net/documentation...verwritten

The solution with transport does also work, but in main.cf also something has to be changed and I do not remember what it was.
08-20-2008 07:32 AM
Metatron Offline

Cube Wrote:
Quote:How is it possible to prevent that ispCP is creating the whole postfix-configuration at all?
This is not possible yet.

I'm not the perl-king, but in the dmn_add-functions you do a switch for create awstats-configs or not. Wouldn't it be relative easy to create a checkbox in the domain-settings (disable email) and then just skip the add_mta-step?
I mean I don't know how ambitious you are, maybe you want to offer the big solution with custom (and additional) MX-servers, and mySQL-cluster support, etc.++. :-)

Cube Wrote:
Quote:Because the next time I create a domain, my config gets removed again.
http://www.isp-control.net/documentation...verwritten

Yes I know, I'd modified the VHCS2 for Fedora, so I'm well familiar with the structure. I just mentioned it because of this extra-dimensional nature of these changes (extra care, don't forget you made that change, what was it? [after 5 months]). :-)

Cube Wrote:The solution with transport does also work, but in main.cf also something has to be changed and I do not remember what it was.

Maybe relay? I didn't quite reached the point of total insight into the postfix-config. I think I remember someone mentioned that $my_destination hosts will by default never questioned (no asking transport, no asking MX). Something like that.

Thanks anyway, and big thanks for the ispCP (if I'd do perl, I'd probably participate in development)
Niels
08-21-2008 02:52 AM