Current time: 05-17-2024, 12:35 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Squirrelmail, avelsieve, Dovecot, where's the autoresponder thingy?
robmorin Offline

Squirrelmail, avelsieve, Dovecot, where's the autoresponder thingy?
Hello all i installed the above mentioned apps, however ri do not see the autoresponder option, unless i have to manually add something else?

Is there a doc for it...
Thanks...
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2008 01:17 AM by robmorin.)
08-23-2008 12:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robmorin Offline

RE: Squirrelmail, avelsieve, Dovecot, where's the autoresponder thingy?
Never mind found it....

Smile

Rob..

robmorin Wrote:Hello all i installed the above mentioned apps, however ri do not see the autoresponder option, unless i have to manually add something else?

Is there a doc for it...
Thanks...
08-23-2008 01:10 AM
robmorin Offline

OK, so my next question is, what happens if someone uses the ispcp vacation and the avelsiev one at the same time, can we disable the ispcp one?

Also does anyone know how i can by default have a vacation filter already set up for each user rather than have them create it ?

Is there a file i can copy over to everyone's dir or something...

BTW great WIKI for the switch over from courier to Dovecot, took me less than 20 mins, and the squirrlmail and avelsieve wiki too, fantastic job guys/gals!
Smile

Rob..

robmorin Wrote:Never mind found it....

Smile

Rob..

robmorin Wrote:Hello all i installed the above mentioned apps, however ri do not see the autoresponder option, unless i have to manually add something else?

Is there a doc for it...
Thanks...
08-23-2008 01:17 AM
robmorin Offline

So now i get a ....

Could not delete script from server :.
Error Encountered: 255
Please contact your administrator.

When i try t delete a vacation filter...

Would it be permissions somewhere?, but where?

Thanks...

Rob..

robmorin Wrote:Never mind found it....

Smile

Rob..

Is there a doc for it...
Thanks...
08-23-2008 05:05 AM
bulforce Offline

Multiple personality disorder, or MPD, is a mental disturbance classified as one of the dissociative disorders in the fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV). It has been renamed dissociative identity disorder (DID). MPD or DID is defined as a condition in which "two or more distinct identities or personality states" alternate in controlling the patient's consciousness and behavior. Note: "Split personality" is not an accurate term for DID and should not be used as a synonym for schizophrenia.
08-23-2008 03:27 PM
aseques Offline
Dev Team

I haven't look at that yet, but, if you want to install avelsieve, you will need a sieve server somewhere.
Since you are not using courier now, you'll have to use a replacement. I've found two different ones being the first one the one that worked:
.- http://www.woozle.org/~neale/src/pysieved/ -> Standalone python sieve server, just arrange the .ini as explained somewhere in this forums (ispcp) and will be working
.- http://wiki.dovecot.org/ManageSieve -> It's a patch versus dovecot code, it might be included in Ubuntu Hardy (not sure about that), otherwise you'll have to patch / compile the code.
08-25-2008 10:21 PM
robmorin Offline

I use dovecot, i replaced courier with it... i do not understand where you said "Since you are not using courier now, you'll have to use a replacement."

the first link is dead and the second involves install a daemon which runs on a port thats already used ??

Thanks..

aseques Wrote:I haven't look at that yet, but, if you want to install avelsieve, you will need a sieve server somewhere.
Since you are not using courier now, you'll have to use a replacement. I've found two different ones being the first one the one that worked:
.- http://www.woozle.org/~neale/src/pysieved/ -> Standalone python sieve server, just arrange the .ini as explained somewhere in this forums (ispcp) and will be working
.- http://wiki.dovecot.org/ManageSieve -> It's a patch versus dovecot code, it might be included in Ubuntu Hardy (not sure about that), otherwise you'll have to patch / compile the code.
08-28-2008 11:27 PM
aseques Offline
Dev Team

robmorin Wrote:I use dovecot, i replaced courier with it... i do not understand where you said "Since you are not using courier now, you'll have to use a replacement."
Courier would take care (I suppose) of having a daemon listening on port 2000, with that daemon, you can authenticate your user and install the sieve filters (vacation, etc ...) for that user.
If you remove courier totally the daemon won't be there anymore, so you have to replace it with something else doing the same job.

robmorin Wrote:the first link is dead and the second involves install a daemon which runs on a port thats already used ??
None of the links are dead for me, and the first one worked pretty well when I used it (not in ispcp)

NOTE: I don't know if ispcp is using the courier's sieve daemon on port 2000 to do the autoresponders (I would be the more clean way of doing it tough)
08-29-2008 10:02 PM