Current time: 05-02-2024, 12:32 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

apache and 'php_flags'
Sens0r Offline

apache and 'php_flags'
Hello people,

I'm new to ispCP and find it really great. Well, except that I'm stuck with an apache2 problem.

During installation, everything went fine, until I started apache2. Then the apache server complained and could not boot.
Reading the error message, I found out that there was a problem on the 8th line of a config file (thought it was http.conf, until now). So I commented the lines doing trouble out. I decided to check this later. I also had do comment out a line related to vhost...

Well, when I want to access ispcp admin Panel, through the subdomain admin.<serverName> I can't access that page. If I type in the main domain of my server, there I find the login. Well, thats of course because I commented out the vhost line.

Now to the problem, I can't remember what file I exactly edited, and I can't find it. So do you have any hint, where I can find this file? Obviously it's not httpd.conf.

And btw, do you have any hint where I have to search to make php_flags work?

I would be very pleased if anyone could help me,

Greetings,
Steve Jackobs
09-27-2008 11:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sens0r Offline

RE: apache and 'php_flags'
We I found it...

It can be found in: /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf

When I restart my apache2 server I get following error:

$/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Forcing reload of web server (apache2)...grep: warning: /etc/apache2/conf/conf: recursive directory loop

grep: warning: /etc/apache2/conf/conf: recursive directory loop

waiting Syntax error on line 8 of /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf:
Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
failed!

Can you point me to the direction where I have to look at please?

Thanks,
Steve
09-28-2008 12:11 AM
catreaper Offline

Hi, try to take a look if you have in /etc/apache2/conf/ a double link to the conf files. "~conf" .... otherwise google is your friend Wink
09-29-2008 01:53 AM
Sens0r Offline

Hello,

thanks for your reply. In fact, the error message was clear... I found out that I had a link in /etc/apache2/conf/ called conf and linking to the same folder...

But I still have the problem with my "/etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf" file, here the content.
Alias /phpMyAdmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin

<DirectoryMatch /usr/share/phpmyadmin/>
Options +FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off
#php_flag track_vars On
#php_flag register_globals On
#php_value include_path .
#php_admin_value upload_tmp_dir /tmp/
#php_admin_value open_basedir /usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/tmp
</DirectoryMatch>

If I uncomment php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off I get following errormessage:
$ /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Forcing reload of web server (apache2)...Syntax error on line 8 of /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf:
Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
failed!

So well, I searched a2enmod but didn't find a module that sounds like it could solve my problem. Does anyone can help me?

Greetz,
Steve Jackobs
09-29-2008 03:04 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

You have to study the differences if you run php using mod_php (as many providers did) and using fastcgi as ispcp recommends.

The default ispcp installations does not allow any php_* lines in the apache configuration. You put all php configuration in /var/www/fcgi/domain/php5/php.ini

/J
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2008 02:07 AM by joximu.)
09-29-2008 06:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sens0r Offline

Ah ok, well, good to know that.

Thanks a lot,

Sens0r
09-30-2008 02:00 AM
mrktlr523 Offline

Although the main design goal of Apache is not to be the "fastest" web server, Apache does have performance comparable to other "high-performance" web servers. Instead of implementing a single architecture, Apache provides a variety of MultiProcessing Modules (MPMs) which allow Apache to run in a process-based, hybrid (process and thread) or event-hybrid mode, to better match the demands of each particular infrastructure. This implies that the choice of correct MPM and the correct configuration is important. Where compromises in performance need to be made, the design of Apache is to reduce latency and increase throughput, relative to simply handling more requests, thus insuring consistent and reliable processing of requests within reasonable time-frames.
10-24-2009 02:01 PM