Current time: 05-05-2024, 08:30 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

a few questions/maybe bugs
four2theizz0 Offline

a few questions/maybe bugs
Hi,

I am new to ISPCP but was following the vhcs project and found this updated project! yay! Smile

I have a few questions and possible bugs that I have found and am looking for some help/clarification if possible please. I would love to use this in production as it sees very well maintained and up to date.
I would like to contribute where I can, and could probably integrate a registrar API so you can regisetr domains through it for customers

I am using RC6 on Ubuntu 8.04

1. Biggest problem is that I cannot access any files on the domains I create. I have the dns set and pointing to the server and am brought to the landing/default page. No problem there. I seem to be getting the error I have seen on here alot, but with no solution.
I have created an ftp user account in ispcp, and when I try to go to the file manager to login it just takes me to a blank page. I can connect to the ftp daemon locally or even through a command line on a separate server...but it only appears that it is letting system users login and not ispcp users. I am at a loss. Yes I can just put my files into /var/www/ispcp/domain/htdocs....or whatever...but that is not practical for any users I want to put on the system.

I have changed my proftp.conf file turn off the HideAccess option, as well as confirmed the patched script is in loginform.template)which was automatic in RC6)
I have seen many threads on this but no fixes, just that there were patches implemented in RC6.

2. I a not sure if it has been mentioned but on the "Add" pages (ie add a reseller, add a user)...there is no field for state/province

3. Is it possible to have mutiple domains for one user account? I know you can "add more domains to a user account" making them all forward to the main one, but i am wondering if you can make it so one user can manage multiple domains instead of having to do that from the reseller level.

Any help on these, especially the first one would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to contributing to this project.

Thank you
also, I realized now that this may be in the wrong forum. admins please feel free to move it if you think so
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2008 03:04 AM by four2theizz0.)
10-03-2008 03:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

RE: a few questions/maybe bugs
[/quote]
(10-03-2008 03:01 AM)four2theizz0 Wrote:  Hi,

I am new to ISPCP but was following the vhcs project and found this updated project! yay! Smile
Welcome
(10-03-2008 03:01 AM)four2theizz0 Wrote:  1. Biggest problem is that I cannot access any files on the domains I create. I have the dns set and pointing to the server and am brought to the landing/default page. No problem there. I seem to be getting the error I have seen on here alot, but with no solution.
I have created an ftp user account in ispcp, and when I try to go to the file manager to login it just takes me to a blank page. I can connect to the ftp daemon locally or even through a command line on a separate server...but it only appears that it is letting system users login and not ispcp users. I am at a loss. Yes I can just put my files into /var/www/ispcp/domain/htdocs....or whatever...but that is not practical for any users I want to put on the system.
Can you please stop proftpd start it as proftpd -n -d5 and try to login, put here output you get. also if you can put here proftpd.conf (delete passwords from file) so we can se what the problem is.
(10-03-2008 03:01 AM)four2theizz0 Wrote:  2. I a not sure if it has been mentioned but on the "Add" pages (ie add a reseller, add a user)...there is no field for state/province
If this field is needed it can be added. Lets see what other says about it. Also you can open a ticket about this.
(10-03-2008 03:01 AM)four2theizz0 Wrote:  3. Is it possible to have mutiple domains for one user account? I know you can "add more domains to a user account" making them all forward to the main one, but i am wondering if you can make it so one user can manage multiple domains instead of having to do that from the reseller level.
Allias are not forwards but domains. But right now you cannot have subdomains for aliases.
10-03-2008 03:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
four2theizz0 Offline

Thank you for the quick reply Smile
wow, I feel stupid....it is working
I had not copied the proftpd.conf file with the iscp settings into /etc/proftpd/
I swear I followed the install walkthrough ah well
I then ran into a problem that was solved by installing libpam-mysql

as for #2. It might help, but I would only request if any others will find it useful, I will post it in the suggestions forum Smile

for #3 Ohhhhh, that is perfect Smile I see it now....thanks!

Is there a special place
10-03-2008 11:39 AM
jasonhawk Offline
Banned

Is it possible to have mutiple domains for one user account? I know you can "add more domains to a user account" making them all forward to the main one, but i am wondering if you can make it so one user can manage multiple domains instead of having to do that from the reseller level. Custom Essay | Custom Assignment | Thesis | Buy Dissertation | GCSE Coursework
07-08-2011 01:31 AM