Current time: 04-20-2024, 03:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

a few small suggestions and a couple large ones
four2theizz0 Offline

a few small suggestions and a couple large ones
Hi,
I am new, and am really liking ISPCP. Please forgive me if these have been suggested before or are already planned. I would love to contribute as well and create/"fix" these as well and will try once I dig into the code a little more.

#1 Auto incrementing client ID values - this would be to minimize mistakes when adding new users/resellers

#2 State/Province field in when adding new users/resellers - more organization

#3 The larger request - Reseller API integration for selling domains. This could be a large or small project...larger by spanning some of the larger reseller registrars...Tucows, Enom, Wild West, Moniker...and providing integration of their API's in the control panel. Smaller scale would be to just provide instructions on creating a custom page or at least be able to edit settings through the control panel.

#4 automatic package installation - ie one click installs of things like joomla, wordpress, phpbb...etc

#5 gmail support for domains - I will give this a shot...has anyone ever created a domain gmail account through the api? I do not have much experience with google's api but am going to give it a shot

What does anyone think?

believe me I know these are way off and alot of work, just throwing it out there
10-03-2008 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xister Offline
Beta Team

RE: a few small suggestions and a couple large ones
is allready in development from a ispCP user:
http://www.isp-control.net/forum/showthr...p?tid=3423
See the last pages in this topic to see some screenshots Smile
10-03-2008 06:25 PM
platzwart Offline

#3: we shouldn't provide the integration of API's of some special registrars. an api makes sense, but our users are spread all over the world so we schould have one api that can be easily adapted to the registrar of our users...

#5: don't do evil, so don't use google... ^^
10-03-2008 07:46 PM
four2theizz0 Offline

Hi,
Thanks for the replies..

Thanks xister!, checkin it out now..after using translator heheh

and platzwart you are correct...i just meant something to help us register domains through the panel. Some kind of central API is good...big project

and yes #5, that is fine....hehhe Smile
gmail for domains is just easy and free....and i am not as confident to run a mail server...and believe me i have worked in support and i do nooooooot want to have to do email support for my customers...its a nightmare if somethign breaks
any other free domain mail ideas out there? i CAN run my own mail...just trying to avoid it heheh
10-03-2008 11:27 PM
platzwart Offline

gmail is not for free... you don't have to pay for it, that's right. but read their terms&conditions carefully. it seems as if google has never heard something called "data privacy" ^^ and i don't want to sell my users to google....
10-04-2008 01:04 AM
four2theizz0 Offline

yup thats no problem, neither do i Smile

any other free domain mail providers out there? or is running it myself the only option?
10-04-2008 02:30 AM
four2theizz0 Offline

anyone?

are the first two suggestions doable for ispcp as a whole? I am able to do them myself, but just thought they were useful for everyone else as well
10-07-2008 02:11 AM
platzwart Offline

#2 is too specific, only americans need this option?
10-07-2008 07:42 AM
four2theizz0 Offline

well i wouldnt think only americans/canadians would need this option only. They have "provinces" in europe/asia dont they?

For example I just found a list of german "states"
South Germany comprises Bavaria and Baden-Wuttemberg.
# North Germany consists of the five states of Hamburg, Lower Saxony, Schleswig-Holstein, Bremen and Meckleburg-Western Pomerania.
# West Germany consists of the four states of Saarland, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate.
# East Germany, east of the Oder-Neisse line, comprises the four states of Brandenburg, Saxony-Anhalt, Berlin and Saxony.
# Middle Germany consists of the states of Thuringia and Hesse

now whether these are normally used for account info is a different story. but would make me assume that continents other than north america need them

I wouldnt think this is a hard fix at all...just add one more row to the database(state) and add the field to the "add user/reseller" forms

i appreciate and respsect what you guys are doing and am not demanding this at all, please only add if you have time and find it necessary
10-08-2008 04:48 AM
sci2tech Away

(10-03-2008 02:23 PM)four2theizz0 Wrote:  #2 State/Province field in when adding new users/resellers - more organization
Please open a ticket and this will be added as soon as possible.
10-08-2008 04:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply