Current time: 05-17-2024, 05:39 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Postfix + Dovecot => Duplicate emails on domain mail
Blondak Offline
Dev Team

Postfix + Dovecot => Duplicate emails on domain mail
Hi,
i have problem with duplicate emails, if I have a domain (domain@domain.tld) mail and some one send one email for two addresses a@domain.tld and b@domain.tld, postfix deliver booth mails into domain@domain.tld mailbox, is there way how to awoid this (on old system i run cyrus, with build in dupelim, is something like this avaible for dovecot/postfix)?

Thanks
10-13-2008 07:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aseques Offline
Dev Team

RE: Postfix + Dovecot => Duplicate emails on domain mail
(10-13-2008 07:33 PM)Blondak Wrote:  Hi,
i have problem with duplicate emails, if I have a domain (domain@domain.tld) mail and some one send one email for two addresses a@domain.tld and b@domain.tld, postfix deliver booth mails into domain@domain.tld mailbox, is there way how to awoid this (on old system i run cyrus, with build in dupelim, is something like this avaible for dovecot/postfix)?

Thanks

I've tested with a rc5 I've installed with the dovecot stuff.
Sending the mail to a@domain and b@domain, redirects successfully the mail to address@externaldomain.com
BUT, in the case the catch-all is from the same domain you're right. I'll check and try to fix this ...
Looking around, I checked if the same applies to Plesk.
It does exactly the same, and thinking about it, there's a reason for that (altough there would be a reason for the other too)

.- Delivering the two recipients as separate mails allows us to do have a MDademon for example that collects the mail, appplies rules and decide who is the owner of the final mail.

I've that working with some customers, and they never complained about this, so I suppose it's the usual way it works.

Cheers
It does exactly the same, and thinking about it, there's a reason for that (altough there would be a reason for the other too)

.- Delivering the two recipients as separate mails allows us to do have a MDademon for example that collects the mail, appplies rules and decide who is the owner of the final mail.

I've that working with some customers, and they never complained about this, so I suppose it's the usual way it works.

Cheers

Cheers
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2008 08:44 PM by aseques.)
10-14-2008 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply