Current time: 04-20-2024, 01:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RC5 -> RC6 : admin.domain.tld not working
genesisrage Offline

RC5 -> RC6 : admin.domain.tld not working
The subject pretty much sums it up.
Had a clean install of RC5, admin.domain.tld worked perfectly until upgrading to RC6.

Im not all that familiar with Bind9 but in the sites-available (symlink in -enabled) 00_master.conf the admin.domain.tld is still setup as a <VirtualHost>

Also now when I try to reload (or do anything with bind) I get "bindrndc: connect failed", looked around and tried removing the key file and recreating but still gives that error.

(side note) ive been setting up an svn to point to a specific vhost, and was not directing right (svn.domain.tld), until i added "svn" as a sub-domain, waited till it forwarded correctly, then removed... and that worked. so thinking there maybe something up with bind, not allowing admin.domain.tld to work and also tried svn2.domain.tld without creating the sub-domain and removing it, and that wont forward either.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
(sorry not letting me edit my post)
I rebuilt config files after upgrading, but for some reason this time it worked.

however im still having the issues with setting my svn stuff (i know its not ispcp, but need it to work with it).

like my previous post stated, i created a sub-domain of 'svn' then removed it, when setting up a 02_svn.conf file (so it would be loaded before ispcp.conf), with a <VirtualHost> of svn.domain.tld it worked fine, but just creating the vhost of svn2.domain.tld will not work. removing the vhost info for 'svn' not makes that address goto my main page, so im assuming its dealing with bind and ispcp. (when i created the sub-domain it updated bind)

there is no subdomain information in bind anymore but it will still forward (i suspect this is due to propagation), if this is the case i would need to add entries into bind manually? and if so, will ispcp try to overwrite this data automatically?
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2008 09:16 PM by genesisrage.)
10-20-2008 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply