Current time: 04-17-2024, 03:34 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Do you think this is a good Idea?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Solution for Custom Themes
geeklandhosting.com Offline

Solution for Custom Themes
I think I may have a pretty good idea on how to easily change the themes for ispcp omega.

My idea is pretty simple. All I need to do is go in and edit all of the .tpl files so that they don't show the menu, just the information. This would then just show the information for the client, instead of the information and the menu system. Then you would take your CMS like Joomla (what I will be using) and make the menu system inside of that, using the wrapper function to wrap the pages with the information in it. This would allow you to easily change the template of the backend by just changing the template inside of Joomla. I thought this would be a good idea because there are so many templates for Joomla already, and it would allow the client to move from the front end of your site to the backend without having to readjust to the template. I am in the process of testing this idea and I will post follow-ups as I make progress. What I would eventually like to do is to link the user login within joomla to the ispcp login, to enable users to login to the joomla site as if they were going to post something in the message boards and this would also log them into the ispcp backend.

The eventual idea is to have a hosting website that allows to sign up for free to allow you to post in the message boards, so on and so forth. But have the hosting users (paid hosting of course) when they log in they get the same functionallity as the free users but it also integrates a menu to enable them to do things through ispcp.

Let me know what you think of this idea!!! I know there has been alot of questions about how to go about changing the templates for ISPCP and I figured this (at least for me) would give my customers the comfort of only having to see one type of template, for all of there abilities.

JCannon
One more thing...

If you think you maybe able to help with task of linking the two logins together let me know.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2008 07:33 AM by geeklandhosting.com.)
11-11-2008 07:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DiXeoN Offline

RE: Solution for Custom Themes
Really nice idea! Would be lovely to combine two open-source systems in such a great way!
01-15-2009 07:37 PM
bpratt Offline

I think this a great idea, even if just to further promote the idea of open source software.

Custom themes are certainly one way to move ispcp ahead.
02-17-2009 07:42 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

I would not use another (big) project inside ispcp (joomla etc).
If there are exploits (and there will be) the whole server (and maybe more) will be in danger.
ispcp is not a matter of one hosting - it's above all the hostings and should be kept small and clear.

A better way might be: improve the template engine in ispcp so that other themes/skins or whatever can be used.

/J
02-17-2009 08:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
victor531 Offline

I think that this project alone is really powerfull so there is no need for another project to solve an issue like this.I also think that ISPCP should keep it's own identity, eventhough this takes time.

My vote is no.

I also agree with Joxi

Saludos cordiales

Victor
02-18-2009 12:06 PM
Kika Offline

(02-17-2009 08:47 PM)joximu Wrote:  A better way might be: improve the template engine in ispcp so that other themes/skins or whatever can be used.
/J
I think that the good sollution for this the integration of the smarty template engine (or something like this). I use smarty because the usage of that is very easy, has a good documentation and easy to develop new functions.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2009 01:18 AM by Kika.)
02-20-2009 01:15 AM